Chapter 1: Kissing What?

Song: Foolish Pride by: Eminem

Bump that shit.

Oh foolish pride
Oh-oh-oh-oh,oh, foolish pride

"Listen I swear to the motherfuckin' God above, I will push you if you don't get out of my way!" I yell at the hobo who keeps stepping in front of me. It's as though everything that can slow me down  seems to happen when I'm late.

I really need to get to work, my straightener stopped working, leaving my hair in a disheveled frizzy state that's ruining my mood even more than I thought it could be. 

"Here, take it!" I throw a few coins at him and instantly a wave of regret washes over me. I watched as he tried to catch a quarter that went rolling away and fuck, I feel bad.

"Ugh I'm so sorry." I mumble, embarrassed. I pick up the few coins that I was shamelessly giving to this poor man in an effort to get him away, and watched as he came back with the quarter in his hands.

"Here you go." I give him a few dollar bills that I managed to pull from my purse and his old face lights up with joy and he whispers a scratchy 'thank you', and I leave.

I turn into a bitch when I'm late for work, I'm not gonna lie. What gives me the right to treat people like shit when I'm the one who made myself late to begin with? I'm just glad I came to my senses before I hopped on the bus and took an empty seat at the back.

I pull out my IPod and turn on Ghetto Gospel by Tupac then slid my headphones on.

I sing the chorus quietly to myself and adjust my messy bun. 'I'm always late.' I kept thinking to myself.

I really hope Kaleb won't be mad, somedays he can be really, strict about what time I get to work.

I get off the bus and walk along the sidewalk. I trailed my fingers over the wall covered in graffiti as I walked. The sky looked dark even though it was close to nine in the morning. Its been looking like this for a few days now.

The streets are always crowded with people and it was always noisy, with the sound of car's engines and people impatiently honking. Graffiti always covered the buildings and if you actually see a building without it, that's soon gonna be some teenager's canvas.

I walked into the coffee shop and shoved off my jacket, speed walking to the employee's bathroom before Kaleb could notice me. I check myself in the mirror, my curly dark brown hair was still in tact. I rest the hat on the counter and pat my hair down to look a little more decent. I put the hat back on and rest my headphones around my neck.

I walk out ready to get an earful from Kaleb. As if on cue, he comes walking over to me the second I stepped out. He had a frown on his face but he didn't look mad.

"I saw when you came in here, you know." He says in a bored tone. I gave him a cheeky smile and he rolls his eyes, "and you're late, again. But I'm going to let you off the hook just for today."

He walks away smiling happily and I had to stop myself from cringing.

He looked as if he was farting rainbows as he walked away with that big smile on his face.

I don't know what happened to him but, it needs to keep happening.

I grab my apron and went behind the counter next to Alicia, the girl who barely talked to anyone, and put on a fake smile.

"Good morning, welcome to Starbucks. What would you like?" My voice sounding like cotton candy, sweet.

A white woman with red hair and a nose piercing smiles back.