𝒃𝒆 𝒎𝒚 𝒃𝒐𝒚𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅

"If you keep staring, he'll melt," Tachi says and you lean against the railing.

"Can't help how cute he is!" You plainly respond and continue to stare at the boy who is currently sweating at volleyball practice.

"If you like him so much, why don't you just confess already? It's so annoying to see you like this," Tachi rolls her eyes and leans on the railing as well as lazily watching the boys practice.

"Maybe I should!" You turn to look at her with determined eyes.

Tachi gives you a horrified look, "I was joking, F/n. Please don't do it... Don't!!" But the more she said, 'don't,' the more you gave her determined eyes.

"Tomorrow!" You happily say and start walking away.

"H-huh? Where are you going? You're not going to finish watching them??" She panics and follows your figure.

"Home! I need to prepare," You skip.

"WHAT? Please stop," She tries to stop you but knowing you, once you were dedicated to something, you would for sure do it no matter what it cost. 'I should have never said that!' Tachi mentally slaps herself.

"Thank you for bringing up the idea of asking him out, Kira-chan! It never even crossed my mind," You say as if you had read her mind and she groans.

"Hmm, your fan girl is leaving your practice early today," Tendo points as you are skipping out the door.

Shirabu frowns, "She's not my fangirl!"

"Because she's your girlfriend," Semi joins in the teasing causing Shirabu to give him a glare.

"She's actually really pretty, Kenjiro. Why don't you give her a chance? It's obvious that she has a crush on you," Kawanishi says to his friend which makes Shirabu frown even more.

"Yeah, isn't she the daughter of the owner of that famous hotel?" Ohira suddenly joins in.

"Done With Meraki Hotel?" Ushijima asks.

"Yeah, that one!"

"She likes you, Shirabu?" Ushijima asks the younger boy who blushes.

"No she doesn't and even if she does, I don't want a girlfriend right now. I'm busy with school work, volleyball, and my part time job. I don't need romance," Shirabu answers as the others just shake their heads.

"I would totally date her if she liked me!" Kawanishi says as Goshiki nods in agreement.

-

"Please tell me you are joking? This is all a joke, right? You got me, F/n! HAHAHA, please stop. PLEASE! You are going to embarrass yourself in front of everyone!!" Tachi is now—literally—yelling at your happily skipping figure with your homemade strawberry cake.

"Don't worry, Kira-chan. I am your best friend. I will be fine," You reassure her as she calms down for a second until going on about it again.

It was 7:50 in the morning and class was going to start soon.

"When are you going to do it?" Tachi manages to ask after all of her panicking.

"Lunch, so you don't have to worry for me," You smile as she just sighs. You look up and see Shirabu coming through the door with his volleyball teammate, Kawanishi. He happens to look at your direction and you give him your brightest smile which makes him blush and immediately look away with a frown.

'Why is she always doing that?' He asks himself and quickly sits on his seat which is in the front. It's funny because you had never realized Shirabu was your classmate until you met him in the library. For some reason, Shirabu gave you a different reaction than most people which caught your attention. Most people would immediately try to be your friend by asking you questions about yourself, getting your number, or even doing your homework. Instead, Shirabu treated you normally and even wanted to leave first instead of you wanting to leave the conversation. This is what made you his little fan girl.

-

After class ended, everyone got up to go to lunch. You, on the other hand, sat still in your chair once everyone had left the classroom except for Tachi. She walks up to you and pats your shoulder.

"I can tell you are really nervous right now, F/n. So, before you can do anything that you will regret, I suggest you just not ask him out today. He doesn't seem to be interested, honestly. I am serious, okay? I don't mean to be rude or harsh; I'm doing this out of love for your own sake," Tachi says as you take a deep breath.

You turn to look at her, "Thank you for your encouraging and loving words, Kira-chan! I will be sure to take this advice and use this opportunity to stop myself from getting too nervous! You really are my best friend!" You then get up and swing your bag over your shoulder, "Let's go to the cafeteria!!"

Tachi looks at you with disbelief, "THAT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO MOTIVATE YOU TO DO IT EVEN MORE!! I WAS TRYING TO STOP YOU!!"

You tilt your head, "Really? Well, I feel better! I'm going to do it!" You skip out the door as Tachi hesitantly follows you, scared for what will happen next.

-

"There he is..."

You point at Shirabu's table where he sits with his teammates during lunch.

"You can still back out."

"I'm going in!" You say then start walking towards his table before Tachi can say anything else.

"Oi, L/n-san is walking over here!" Goshiki looks up and sees you.

"What? Really? Kenjiro-kun, you better make yourself look presentable!" Tendo teases as Shirabu tenses up. He looks up to see you really coming up to their table until you stop right in front of him and the boys who are just staring at you in shock. The whole cafeteria stops what they are doing as well, and they all have their eyes on the team's table.

Confidently, you smile at him.

"I made this strawberry cake for you." You set the pink box with a heart on it in front of Shirabu who is still confused about what was happening. You take a deep breath then continue, "Shirabu Kenjiro, I like you. Would you be my boyfriend?"

For that split second, it was like time had stopped in the cafeteria for all of the students who stared in shock. Shirabu is the most shocked and feels his body tensing up before he quickly collects himself.

"I'm sorry but I'm not interested."