𝒂 𝒈𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅

You frown and stare at the cold coffee in front of you. It had already been almost two hours.

"Did something bad happen to him? I hope he's okay," You think to yourself, knowing that Shirabu wouldn't just leave his friends behind without a good reason. "Too bad I don't have his number," you pout. "I should ask him for it when he comes!" You smile to yourself then decide to do some other homework from your other classes. You sigh then look at your for to see that it was now 3:30pm. "I really hope he's okay. I don't even have any of the volleyball memeber's numbers to ask him if he's okay!" You pout then stop. "But I can't leave... He wouldn't abandon me for no good reason..." You say and nod confidently, "That's not the type of friend he is!" You then smile to yourself. Even though you like him, becoming closer to him and becoming his friend made you really happy. Your crush for him was just a crush of admiration at first, but the more you got closer to him, the more you fell in love with him. You suddenly get a call from Tachi. "Hello?" you sing.

"Isn't your stupid study date that you couldn't shut up about today?" She angrily asks through the phone as you frown.

"Yes, why are you so grumpy, Kira-chan? Be more happy or else you'll develop permanent wrinkles," You tease.

"Did it already end or something?" She asks.

You tense and frown, "H-he hasn't shown up yet. I'm really worried, so I'm waiting for him to come still. Too bad I don't have his number to ask."

"SERIOUSLY? I'M GOING TO KILL HIM!!" You laugh.

"Don't worry about it. Ken-chan isn't the type of person to leave his friends behind for no reason. He probably has a good reason for being late."

"NO HE DOESN'T!! He is literally at the mall right now with this random chick I've never seen. She literally glued to his arm!" Tachi yells as you drop your phone.

"F/n? F/n, are you there?! What happened?" You immediately are brought back to reality and pick up your phone from the ground.

"Haha, sorry. I accidentally dropped my phone," You try your hardest to say happily.

"F/n, just leave and go back home. I'm literally going to kill him for ditching you!"

You stop her, "No! Don't do that Kira-chan. Maybe it was something important, okay? I'm pretty sure he'll come later. He probably couldn't come to tell me and since we don't have each other's numbers, he couldn't warn me. I'm pretty sure it's nothing like you think it is. Although I like him... He's also my friend and I know he wouldn't just leave me behind, okay? I'll ask him about it when he comes!" You smile.

Tachi stays quiet for a while before sighing, "Fine then. Do you want me to accompany you while he's doing his quote on quote busy stuff?"

You shake your head, "I'm fine, Kira-chan." Suddenly voices are calling for Kira.

"I'm sorry, my siblings are calling for me. I'll talk to you later?" she asks as you nod.

"Of course. Have fun and tell the kiddos I said, 'haiiiii,'" You smile as she nods.

"Okay, bye."

"Bye bye!"

When the phone call ends, you shakily set your phone down on the table.

'He'll come... Don't give up on him. He's different,' You say to yourself and nod but can't help but feel some kind of emptiness and doubt.

-

"Kanta-san, I'm getting bored of all this shopping and my books in my bag are starting to hurt my back," Shirabu says to the girl who is still pulling him to literally every store.

"But I'm not done looking around, Kenjiro!" She pouts.

Shirabu sighs and sets all of her bags of clothes down.

"I'm getting tired and I have homework, Kanta-san. I'm going to go home, okay?"

Dazai frowns and doesn't let go of his arm yet.

"Fine then. Can we at least go get something to eat and snack on?" She asks as he nods.

"Where do you want to go?" He asks.

"Let's go to a cafe with pastries and sandwiches! Do you know any? You're more familiar with this place than I am."

He thinks to himself and remembers the cafe that you and him were supposed to study at.

"Yeah, I do. Let's go," He says and picks up all of the bags again as she nods happily.

-

"I need to go use the restroom," You say to yourself and look at your phone that reads, 6:00pm. 'Should I leave all of my stuff here?' You think to yourself then shake your head, 'That's not smart. Ken-chan would call me stupid.' You pack your stuff and then walk to the restroom. Right when you're walking away, Shirabu and Dazai enter through the entrance.

"Welcome!"

The two walk to the counter, "What do you want, Kanta-san?" She immediately sees what she wants and starts ordering as Shirabu orders a sandwich and black coffee.

"Let's sit over there!" Dazai points to the seat that you were sitting at earlier as Shirabu nods.

'That's good that she already left,' Shirabu thinks to himself, feeling a bit guilty. Then he opens his wallet, 'nothing... I'm broke now.' You then walk out of the bathroom and are about to head back to your seat when you see some people already sitting there.

'That's okay, I can find somewhere else to wait,' You think to yourself and are about to walk to another seat when you hear a voice.

"And here's your black coffee with a deli sandwich, hope you guys enjoy!"

"Thank you," Shirabu nods then starts digging in.

"You're going to choke, Kenjiro! Eat slower!" Dazai says which catches your attention. You turn to look and see Shirabu finally there. Your eyes gleam.

'He did come! I knew it,' all of that doubt had lifted and you were about to walk to him and the girl when they spoke again.

"Wasn't this date fun, Kenjiro? We should do this more often. It's probably a lot better than studying," Dazai says while eating.

Kenjiro just shurgs.

'Date?' you ask yourself and stop walking towards them.

"You need to call me too, Kenjiro! I'll give you my number after we're finished eating," Dazai continues to talk as Kenjiro takes a sip from his black coffee.

"Is this the cafe you and that girl were going to meet at?" she asks again as Shirabu just stops then nods.

"See? I told you that if you just didn't go, she'd leave. And you were doubting me haha!" Dazai laughs and Shirabu nods. You clutch onto your backpack straps and shake.

'He purposely did that?'

"Miss? Are you okay?" A waitress interrupts your thoughts as you jump.

"U-um, yeah. I'm sorry! I'll get going now. Thank you!" you whisper and smile then immediately turn to leave.

As you're walking towards the entrance, Dazai sees you.

"WAHHH, that girl has such a pretty outfit on!" Shirabu turns to look at Dazai's pointing and sees your back with your skirt flowing behind you.

'That bag looks familiar,' he thinks to himself then shrugs and continues to eat because of how hungry he was for not eating for 5 hours straight due to shopping.

-

"I'm...." you shakily say, "I'm honestly so stupid." You then finally let your tears fall and walk home even though it's pretty far.