𝒓𝒆𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒑 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒕𝒖𝒔: 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔?

"You're still having a hard time? It's been three days now," Shirabu asks in disappointment seeing you still struggling on your chemistry assignment that was taught to you guys on Monday.

You pout, "I'm sorry if I'm too stupid for my cute lover boi!"

He frowns at his nickname, "Don't call me that. Now give me your pencil." You just obey him and let him explain. It has been three weeks since you confessed to Shirabu. You both have gotten closer to each other and even started to eat lunch with the boys during lunch. Tachi is even getting closer to the other players. You can say, your relationship has developed into being friends; although, Shirabu would not admit it.

"You're the best, Ken-chan!" You even came up with new nicknames for him.

"Can you just call me by my name, L/n-san?" He, however, has not budged. He did eat lunch now since you and the team have forced him. You all also started to eat dinner together after practice. Even though he still gave you the cold shoulder, it was obvious that he was just a tsundere. Once the bell rings, you both pack up to go to class again and walk together.

"Ken-channnnnn, can you help me study for our test over the weekend?" you ask. He shakes his head immediately making you pout.

"Why not?" You hold onto his sleeve.

He looks away, "Because you're annoying." You shake his arm.

"Please, please, please Ken-chan!! I need your help! I promise to not bother you. I won't even call you by your nicknames or tease you! I really need to pass this next test since I failed the last one. My parents were so mad!"

You beg him and fake tears which he always seems to fall for.

"F-fine! Gosh, L/n-san. No need to cry," He starts to panic.

Instantly, you smile. "Really? Thanks Ken-chan! You're the best lover boi I could have!'

"I thought you said you'd stop calling me those nicknames?"

"I said on our study date this Saturday!" You give a cheeky grin as he deepens his frown.

"What a liar."

"Hehe. Thank you so much again, Ken-chan. Will 12pm be a good time for you at the cafe close by here?" You ask as he rolls his eyes and shrugs.

"I guess. You're lucky I don't work that day."

"You're the best," You wink, "See you later at practice then, my lover boi!"

He just rolls his eyes, once again, and walks away from you trying to get to class as soon as possible since all eyes were on you guys. When he gets to his class, he sits down and gets his stuff out.

"Are you and L/n-chan dating yet?" The boy next to him asks Shirabu who blushes a little bit.

"N-no. Of course not."

"Then why is she always clinging onto you and giving you pet names?"

Shirabu just shakes his head and rests it in his hand, "She just likes to tease me."

"Then are you guys friends?"

Shirabu blushes again at the question. His heart beats fast and pounds against his chest.

"We aren't," he harshly says, trying to convince his classmate.

Or... was he maybe trying to convince himself?

-

"You better not be late tomorrow, L/n-san. I know how much you hate chemistry but you can't go back on your word!" Shirabu warns you as you guys are walking back to the dorms after dinner.