Sorry to disappoint you.

"I didn't get it"

Timothée read the text on his phone and sighed, not knowing  what to answer or send. y/n had been working on getting a promotion in the magazine she was working for almost a month, presenting new and good ideas to her bosses, trying to improve the image of the magazine and even creating new sections. 

":( i'm sorry babe, you ok?"

"yeah, see you at home"

***

Timothée was sitting at the sofa of the apartment when he heard the door open and without any doubt he ran to the door to greet y/n with a hug and a kiss:

-Hey.

-Hi. -y/n smiled, taking her coat off, placing it on a hanger.- Smells good.

-Made your favourite. Quesadillas with homemade guacamole.

y/n kissed him on the lips for a few seconds:

-Thank you. -Timothée smiled, pressing a kiss on her head.- I just need to put on more comfortable clothes and we can have dinner. 

y/n went to their bedroom while he prepared the table for two, he even got a bit of wine for them and some candles. He placed the quesadillas in two plates and left the guacamole in the middle of the table:

-Are we celebrating something? -y/n laughed softly, even thought Timothée knew that she wasn't in the mood to laugh. -It's the first time in a long time you've cooked dinner without me.

-I guess you need it. You are always doing everything for me. 

-Cooking dinner is not a big of a deal, I love when you are by my side while I'm doing it.- y/n sat down and looked at him.- Thank you.

-You don't need to thank me, we're a team.

She looked at the food in front on her and placed her hands on her face, trying not to cry in front of him. She felt exhausted and she didn't want to ruin the only good thing that she had right now: a good homemade dinner made by her favourite boy:

-Babe...

-I'm okay. -She sniffled, her eyes watering.- I'm sorry, I...

Timothée squeezed her hand and kissed it:

-I'm sorry I disappointed you. -she whispered. -I'm sorry.

-What?

-I disappointed you. This morning you woke me up saying that it was the big day and that you were so proud of me because I was getting that promotion and I couldn't get it because they said...-she cried.- They said that I have been only working there for a year and that I should work harder but I can't anymore and I just... I know we had big plans of buying a house because this apartment is getting small and now we can't do that and I'm so so so sorry baby. I wish I could be better for you because you are always bringing money home and I'm just with this job tha...

-Shut up. 

y/n look at him:

-What...?

-Shut up babe, come here. -He patted his lap and she got up, sitting on his lap.- You did not disappoint me. You could never disappoint me. 

Timothée placed one on his hands on her cheek, cleaning the tears that were leaving her eyes and smiled:

-You are the smartest person I've ever met. The fact that they considered you for that job, baby... That's fucking amazing. You didn't get it, and what? There are going to be a lot of opportunities that will fit your skills and maybe this one wasn't it but that's okay. -He kissed her right cheek several times, making her giggle.- But don't ever say that you disappoint me because I'm so fucking proud of you. So so proud. 

y/n blushed and hugged him, placing a few kisses on his neck:

-And I don't care if you can't bring a lot of money home. We're a team, I will never say that I payed more because I earn more. My money is your money. Is our money. I don't know if you understand what I'm saying. -y/n nodded.- We have more than enough for that beautiful house we saw but we can wait if you want but that's not what it matters. You could never disappoint me so never say that again pretty girl.

y/n giggled and sniffled, cleaning her tears with her hand before kissing him once again. She was so in love with him:

-You're the best, Tim.

-No, you are, baby. 

She sighed and laughed, looking at him:

-I love you.

-I love you more.  Now, let's forget all this, let's eat and do whatever you want to do.