"Great speech"

-Cheers to y/n!

Everyone at her table clapped and she bowed, laughing:

-Ugh, I can't believe you are leaving us so soon. 

-I know, but I'll visit you, don't worry about it. 

-Or maybe we can visit you. I've never been to the States before. 

y/n smiled and drank from her glass, finishing her beer:

-You should give a toast. Get in this table like many other times you've done and say something.

-I don't know, I'm a bit drunk and Jack is probably tired of my shit.

-Jack loves you! You're his best client and it's probably your last night here. And you know everyone at this pub. 

y/n rolled her eyes and got up from her chair:

-You know what? I'll do it. Move your glasses. 

Her friends clapped and took at the glasses so she could be on top of the table and with a lot of difficulty, she finally got on top of the table:

-Excuse me, everybody! -Everyone at this bar knew her so they turned around to look at her.- You're probably wondering why I'm doing this again.  This time I'm not going to tell stupid jokes or tell you about my adventures here, no sir. Not tonight. -some people laughed- Tonight I'm saying goodbye to all of you. This girl -she pointed to herself- graduated today. that's why I'm looking so good and wearing this fantastic dress. -she turned around, showing everyone her dress.- and I'm leaving in two days. God, I feel like I'm going to cry. Anyway, I don't want to see anyone crying today in this pub. 

Three years ago I came here from the other side of the ocean to study in my dream university. I had no money so I had to study and work which led me here, to Jack's pub. The heart of London, as I call it. I had to work a lot of hours but it was my happy place. I met a lot of people that are here tonight, like Matthew, who is sitting at the back, Flora, Sam, who still works here... Anyway, I had to leave work but this is my home. If I couldn't study at the library because I was stressed, Jack would let me go upstairs and study in one of his free rooms, which helped me a lot. Jack, you've got a heart of gold. -she winked at him and smiled.- I hope you never take that picture you took of me off the wall, that was one of the times I won karaoke night. Anyway, I love you all and I don't want to ruin your drinking with all my talking so before I leave this table I want to say that I'll miss you and that I'm paying chicken nuggets for everyone. 

Everyone cheered and y/n got off the table, sitting in her chair and hugging all of her friends:

-Be subtle but there's an incredible hot guy that couldn't take his eyes off you. I've never seen him though but he came with Harry.

y/n turned around (in a NOT subtle way) and looked at the table where Harry and the guy Joanna was talking about sat. He had curly hair and was looking at her. He waved and she smiled:

-Yes, he's cute. I'm going to play something in the jukebox for the last time.

y/n approached the jukebox and selected a few Beatles (her favourite band) songs:

-Great speech.

-Shit, you scared me.

-Oh, sorry. I-I just...

-Don't worry. -y/n turned around and looked at the boy in front of her. Okay, he was cuter than she thought.- You are not from here. 

-No, I'm from New York.

-No way! Where in New York?

-Brooklyn.

-Me too! I'm y/n.

-Timothée.

-Wow, that's so...

-French.

-I know. I just graduated from French studies. So, what's an american-french guy doing in a London pub? And how do you know Harry?

-Well, I'm an actor. I'm going to do a play in London an-

-No fucking way. You're Timothée Chalamet. I'm so drunk I didn't recognize you. 

He laughed:

-I know Harry's brother. 

-I figured. Well, I need to go. Enchantée. 

y/n went back to her table and before she could sat down her friend stopped her:

-You are telling me that the hottest guy in this bar just approached you and you left him in the jukebox? He wanted to talk to you, stupid! Go. 

-What? I just want to be with my friends.

-We won't leave you. We'll be right here, looking at you and making sure you are okay. 

y/n sighed and turned around, approaching Timothée:

-I'm sorry. I'm just...

-Drunk.

-Exactly.

-I want to hold your hand. 

-What?

-The song. The Beatles song?

-Oh yes, my favourite. 

-Would you like to... dance, maybe?

y/n smiled:

-Of course. 

Who would've thought that three years later, after a reunion back in the States and countless of dates and precious moments together, I Want To Hold Your Hand would be the songs chosen as the one for their first dance as husband and wife.