Time.

y/n waited at the restaurant table for more than half an hour before she decided to leave. Once again, Timothée didn't show up to one of their dates and she was angry. The first time she could understand that he felt asleep after a long time on set. The second time she was annoyed but got over it but not today. She wasn't having the best day and she waited to see if he could cheer her up but it wouldn't happen today.
y/n has been noticing that their relationship has been going through a rough patch for the last month. Not answering texts, forgetting dates and not caring about the other and she couldn't blame him only because she sometimes felt so down that she wouldn't call him as well but this needed to stop.
y/n took the underground to Timothée's place and walked to his apartment complex, going upstairs and knocking on his door.
Timothée opened the door, a bowl on noodles in his hands and messy hair that told y/n that he probably just woke up:
-Hey.
-Hey, baby. -Timothée looked at her, she was wearing a black dress and makeup. He remembered where he was supposed to be and groaned.- I'm so...
-Sorry. You always are. "I'm sorry I forgot that you had a big thing at work. I'm sorry you texted me and I forgot".
Timothée invited her to come in. He didn't want everyone hearing them. y/n entered his apartment and went into the living room:
-I'm sorry I forgot. I'm serious. I came back from work and fell asleep.
-I'm just... I'm so tired of this.
-Of what?
-I don't know. I think that we are just messing around and I don't know. -She sniffed.- I think that we are just not giving everything that a relationship needs.
-Wh-what are you saying?
-I think we are just playing with each other. I don't know Timothée, maybe we are not ready to be in a relationship.
-Are we... Are you saying that we should break up?
y/n bit her nails and sighed, looking at the boy next to her, some tears leaving his eyes. She placed her hands on his cheeks, cleaning with her thumbs the tears:
-We've been going through a rough patch and I love you. You're the only boy I've loved this much. -she looked at his beautiful eyes.- But maybe it is not the right time for us.
Timothée softly kissed one of her hands:
-I don't want this.
-I don't want this as well but... I don't know. We should start taking care of ourselves before trying to take care of others. Maybe we need some time. You're working too much and I am as well. We sometimes don't have the time to call each other or even text. It feels like we are not even in a relationship and maybe we need to work on that.
Timothée knew she was right but he loved her so much he couldn't imagine not saying y/n is his girlfriend. Thinking about it was hurting him and he also knew it hurt her as well. He knew she loved him but she was right:
-We need some time.
-We need some time. -she whispered.- I love you.
-I love you too.
They just needed some time.