The Shining, huh? + a/n at the end!!

-Do you remember it?

-Of course I do. I was debating on whether I should approach you or not. I watched you for days.

-Isn't that a bit creepy?

He smiled, rolling his eyes:

-Well... I tend to appreciate beautiful things for a long time.

y/n punched his in the shoulder and blushed, hiding her face behind the small bags:

-I thought you wouldn't notice me.

-I noticed you from the first day. The Shining was a bit weird, though.

-Never got to finish it, guess someone distracted me. 

-Hey! You could have finished it any other time.

-Well, I wanted to get someone's attention. You know, this tall and handsome guy that asked me about the book I was reading? 

-That seems like it's out of a fairytale.

-I fell like I'm in one.

y/n looked at her boyfriend in front of her and kissed him softly on the lips. Timothée smiled, his hands on her hips as she played with his curly hair:

-Can you go and check on them?

-Of course. 

Timothée went upstairs, leaving y/n with the memories of the day they met.

***

Being a single parent wasn't easy at all and even though y/n loved her son with her heart and she would die for him, there were days when she wasn't feeling herself.
After a long day of working, her five-year-old son Logan decided that he wanted to spend his afternoon crying and screaming at his mom, begging her to go to the park. Finally, y/n gave up and drove to the nearest park to their small house. She opened the door for him and he ran to the closest swing. 
She looked at all the other parents and smiled for a few seconds, wondering what it would be like if she had Logan's dad beside her. He was an asshole but she couldn't stop thinking about how great it would be to be an ordinary family, like the others.
Logan never knew who his dad was, Matthew decided to leave her as soon as he discovered she was pregnant at the age of twenty and changed his phone number and moved, at least, that's what people told her so she decided to become the strong woman she always wanted to be and carry own with her life. It was difficult but she had the most beautiful boy, a good job and she was happy.
She saw one little girl approach Logan's swing and she waved at him, her hair in a messy but cute braid and the cutest blue dress. Logan looked at her and patted the swing next to his. She knew the little girl, Estelle. She was one of Logan's classmates and y/n usually saw her when her mum picked her up from the school.

y/n looked around and waved at Timothée, Estelle's dad. They knew each other from the park but never talked, the only thing she knew is that Estelle's parents were separated because she told Logan she had two houses and that she usually liked her dad's house the best. 

y/n sat in one of the nearest benches and opened her bag, taking out her most recent book from it, opening it. She could her Logan's giggles from the bench and smiled as she read:

-The Shining, huh? 

y/n looked up, Timothée in front of her and she closed the book:

-I've had it on my shelf for years.

-Isn't it a bit creepy?

-Depends on what you like. 

-I'm Timothée.

-I know. I'm y/n.

-Nice to meet you. Can I sit?

-Of course. -y/n placed her bag on the floor and Timothée sat next to her.- Let me just put the book in my bag.