21. Daehyun

Taehyung was in labor for about nine hours. He cried and screamed the whole time. He had no idea how he would've gotten through that if Jungkook weren't right beside him.

At one point the nurses had asked him to get ice chips for Tae but that only made him cry more. Jin gladly offered to get them instead.

They were currently laying beside each other in the hospital bed holding their newborn. Namjoon and Jin went home, leaving them with Yoongi and Jimin.

"Dae's so tiny," Taehyung cooed, smiling. Daehyun squirmed slightly and attempted to wrap his toes around Jungkook's fingers.

Taehyung was tired but he would feel bad if he went to sleep for a little while. After all, his baby was just born and he wanted to meet him and cuddle with him.

"Tae, I know you're tired. It's okay to sleep, okay? I'll take Dae. Yoongi and Jimin can take turns holding him too."

"O-okay," Tae soon dozed off into a deep sleep. Jimin his behind Yoongi's arm while sitting on the couch.

"Do you guys want to hold him?" Jungkook whispered, walking over to the two males.

"Yeah, sure," Yoongi smiled and carefully cradled Dae.

"I wish we could have a baby," Jimin pouted, his eyes glossy. He was sort of jealous of Tae. He really wanted to get pregnant and have a baby but it wasn't possible for him. Yoongi told him there's another way they could get a baby but it's not the same as giving birth to one. Yoongi also told him that it'll take a while for them to get a baby and that he had to save up some money.

"I know Minnie. I'll get you one soon okay? I think we saved up enough money for some of it but we'll need more. It sometimes takes months though so we'll have enough time."

"O-okay."

"Here, I'll let you hold him for a while. Just put one hand on the back of his head and the other on his legs okay?" Jimin smiled and nodded.

Jungkook woke up from his deep sleep to the sound of Dae crying and hiccuping. He immediately ran over to the baby and called for one of the nurses. Whatever was happening to him didn't sound good.

Dae struggled to breath as a pink haired nurse carried him out of the room and into the incubator.

Jungkook followed them and pulled out his phone.

jungkook:
can you tell tae what's going on for me? if he's able to walk he can come over here

jungkook:
dae is being put in the incubator now

yoongles:
yeah of course

yoongles:
did the nurse say anything?

jungkook:
not yet

jungkook:
honestly i'm really scared

Taehyung waddled over to where Jungkook was sitting. Hopefully they were giving him good news. Hopefully the baby will be okay.

"K-kookie, I-I'm scared. What if this was my only chance to have a baby b-but n-now-" Tae sat down next to the elder.

"Hey it's okay. Don't talk like that. Let's just hope for the best okay? Who knows. Maybe Dae will be fine and it's just something that happens for a little while but goes away and gets better."

"I just really wanted a baby and what if Dae doesn't survive whatever's going on? What will we do?"

"Let's not think about that."

"B-but it could happen. I just want to know what you would want to do if it did happen so we could possibly do that. I really love Daehyun."

"I love him too. If things don't go the way we want them to go we can always try for another baby or adopt. I'll make sure you get a baby. No matter what. Who knows, maybe after Dae we'll want more kids. We have plenty of time. We're still young."

"Yeah," The nurse from earlier approached the two with a blank look on her face. Her lips spread into a small frown. The action immediately worried the newly weds even more.

"I'm not sure if you know but Daehyun is having some trouble breathing. We're going to run some tests and hook him up to one of our machines so we can get oxygen through his body for now. You guys are welcome to stay another night. In fact I believe your insurance covers that. We'll hopefully get you the results tomorrow."

"Thank you so much," Jungkook politely bowed and wrapped his arm around Taehyung's waist.

"Excuse me, um do you have any ideas about what's happening? I-I'm sorry to bother you," Taehyung knew it wasn't polite not to look at someone when they're talking but he wasn't ready for bad news. Especially not now.

"I'm not sure. We have no idea what's going on but we'll run the tests as soon as possible okay? Daehyun is lucky to have such good parents like you guys," They smiled empathetically and left Taehyung and Jungkook alone.

Taehyung started sobbing. "Kookie? I-I want to try to get pregnant again."

"Alright. I know you would want the baby soon but why don't we wait a little while. I'll have to save up enough money first and then we can start. Daehyun is pretty expensive already," Jungkook chuckled. "Why don't we go get some sleep okay? I'm sure you're still tired.

thank you so much for 8k reads 🥺