24. Bad Vibes

"Tae, I have to go now. Are you sure you're going to be okay with Dae?"

"Yeah, I'm positive. Go see Yoonie and Jimin again."

"About that, I'm not going to school today. I have a job interview and I figured I could spend more time with you and Dae afterwards."

"Okay. Have fun! And good luck."

"I love you." "I love you too," Jungkook kissed his husband goodbye and left for his classes. Taehyung made sure to lock the door and walked into the nursery to let Daehyun nap.

"You look just like your daddy, don't you?" Taehyung giggled as the baby smiled, "Have sweet dreams."

Taehyung closed the door after putting Dae in his crib but stayed right by the door. He felt sick to his stomach. He didn't think he was actually sick so he tried to ignore it but he only felt worse. He didn't feel comfortable being alone or having Dae alone in a room so he picked him up again and sat on the couch.

"D-do you want to watch Peppa Pig or Little Baby Bum? Daehyun babbled and Taehyung chose between the shows. He felt Little Baby Bum was more educational for him so he made his decision.

"The wheels on the bus go round and round~, round and round~, round and round~, the wheels on the bus go round and round~, all~ through~ the town~," Taehyung sang along hoping it would help his anxiety.

"If you're happy and you know it clap your hands~, if you're happy and you-" The male was interrupted by tapping on the window nearest to him. He immediately stood up and walked away from the window. Jungkook had put curtains up when they first moved in so that they had privacy so you couldn't tell if someone was there or not. Tae's breathing became heavy. The thought of someone being there, possibly a serial killer was unsettling.

He tried to convince his self that it was just an animal but his gut told him it wasn't.

The tapping only got louder. Taehyung quickly turned the tv volume up and ran under the kitchen table. The volume was turned up almost all the way but you could still hear the tapping over the song playing.

After a while the tv stopped, showing an "Are you still watching?" message. Taehyung started crying. He wasn't sure what to do but he was terrified. The tapping at this point sounded like knocking and Tae just wanted Jungkook. No, he needed Jungkook.

He watched as his phone and the remote for the tv sat on the couch, close to the window. He was to scared to get up and grab them.

He desperately wished superpowers existed right now and that he had all of them.

After a half hour the tapping stopped but Daehyun was crying. Luckily Tae had the baby's bottle in hand and he found out that his pacifier was on the table, directly above them.

"Tae~, I'm home," After a few seconds of silence Jungkook called out again, "Tae? Where are you?" He walked further into the house but stopped by the kitchen island.

"Kookie," Taehyung carefully stood up, tears still steaming down his flushed cheeks.

"What's the matter baby?"

"I-I heard tapping a-and it got louder and louder and I moved under the table b-because it was on that window and then t-the tv stopped playing."

"Oh, baby, it's okay. Are you hurt or anything? I'm assuming you didn't look outside?"

"No, n-no. But it wouldn't stop. And I didn't feel like Dae should be alone in his room."

"I can set up the portable crib in our room so he won't be alone tonight."

"I-I would like that."

"Oh, come here, you're shaking. Let's go cuddle with Dae."

this is a sort chapter but don't worry, i have everything planned out and things are going to get interesting 🤭