Chapter 41

The next day, Lisa decided to stay at her in-law's house in Daegu. Taehyung was rather surprised by her sudden request by the way. But, the reason she gave made his heart touched, something that was unthinkable to him; to visit grandmother Kim's grave.

Both Lisa and Taehyung departed from Seoul using a different plane. Of course with a super tight guard, so that the public doesn't notice the arrival of one of them.

Lisa arrived two hours earlier than her husband. Luckily Mr. and Mrs. Kim happily picked up their daughter-in-law and took her to lunch together at a traditional Korean restaurant not far from the crematorium.

It feels like only yesterday that Lisa did quality time with her mother-in-law, but this time it was different. She felt much better after exchanging stories and laughing with them. Since the beginning, Kim's family had warmly accepted her presence. They always treated her like their own daughter even though she wasn't with Taehyung.

"Oh, oppa is on the way to here," Lisa told her in-law's once she got a notification on her phone. They just finished the main course before moving to order the dessert.

"Did he eat? Should we order food for him?" Mrs. Kim asked, taking the initiative to grab the menu book.

"He might have eaten on the plane, but I'll ask him," Lisa said as she texted him back.

A few minutes later her phone notification came back on. She immediately checked it while sipping the watermelon juice she ordered.

"I haven't eaten yet, please order food for me" Lisa read the message from her husband to two elderly people in front of her which replied by a nod from them.

"Okay, then what should we order, huh?" Mr. Kim asked

"Japchae of course" Lisa proudly told her father-in-law with a big smile on her face,

"Nah, no need to ask yeobo-ya, his wife knew him too well, aigoo" Mrs. Kim teased Lisa which then reaped laughter from everyone.

"Hahaha I know right"

.

.

Daegu Crematorium, Daegu

This is the first time Taheyung visited his grandmother's grave after nearly eight months ago grandma Kim died. Of course, he didn't have time to visit while having a proper time to be with his wife was quite difficult for him.

He felt grateful that Lisa had reminded him to come there. Without her, he doesn't know when he can really go home and visit his grandmother.

Once in a million times if his mother ever teased him when discussing about when her eldest son could go home with his wife.

"Annyeong haelmoni, it's me Taehyung"

Taehyung spoke first after paying his respects in front of his grandmother's grave, while Lisa and his parents quietly listened to him carefully.

"Forgive me for only now being able to see you. I've been very busy and I hope you understand" he bowed his head, looking guilty. "Ah, I came here with my wife. You must really want to meet Lisa, right?"

Then Taehyung brought Lisa who was originally standing behind him with his parents to stand on his side.

She automatically bowed to pay homage to grandma Kim's grave. "Annyeonghaseyo haelmoni, it's Lisa. I missed you..."

"I'm sorry for not having had the chance to visit you after we got married. I'm sure you already know what we've been through for the past few months" she said as she got teary-eyed.