The Aftermath

Chapa's p.o.v

It's hard to focus on school when you just keep shooting lighting out of your hands. I felt a tap on my shoulder and i turned to face the person with a murderous look. It was some kid passing me a note. I opened it and it was from Oliva. I looked at her and she encouraged me to read it. I opened it

Why did you guys leave my party so soon? The note read. I thought of what to say.

We just needed some air. I wrote back.

The P.A system turned on and the principal started speaking. 

"Bose Johnson, Mika Taylor, Miles Taylor, and Lula Silva please report to the new guidance councilors room 203", The principle announced. What's that about?

I packed my stuff as the class watched. "What did you and Bose do now," Olivia teased. I shrugged and walked out the door. I didn't know we had a new guidance counselor. When i reached room 203, Bose, Miles and unfortunately Mika was all there.

 "Lula, great take a seat!", The guidance counselor said. He was tall, pretty well build, with brown hair. He wore jeans, a white t-shirt with a blazer on top. "Oh i go by Chapa, never call me Lula. EVER!" I clarified. "Got it", He noted. I sat by Bose. i gave him the 'do you know what this is about?' look. He gave me the 'no idea' look. "Okay so you might be wondering what this all about," He rubbed his hands. "Yeah, we are," Miles responded in a snarky tone. I like that kid.

"My sources tell me that you kids were involved in a fight with Captain Man, the passed Kid Danger, and Drex", he said. How did he know that? We all gave each other worried looks. "And that you guys have developed some unusual behavior, am i right?" He continued. "Maybe...," i cautiously said. The guy sighed and punched the desk. "Awe man, now i have to deal with this after Henry left!" He cried. Who's henry? He took a deep breath then turned to us again. He pulled out a gum tub. 

"Are you going to make balloon animals!" Bose cheered. Wh-what? why would he- , just what? 

"What are you doing?" Mika questioned. 

"I'm gonna blow a bubble," he popped a bubble into his mouth. 

"Your gonna blow a bubble?" I questioned.

 "I'm gonna blow your mind," he quoted.

He chewed the gum and it started to glow bright pink. The glow covered his body, after it was done he was now transformed into THE ONE. THE ONLY. CAPTAIN MAN! I-

Bose's p.o.v

"You're Captain Man!" i exclaimed.

"Ray Manchester, AKA, Captain Man," He winked.

This was unbelievable. "Why did you tell us this?!", Mika said excitedly. Who knew she could look even prettier smiling. I blushed at my thought. 

"Yeah, i have some explaining to do, sit back, and relax," He instructed.

---------------------------------------------------------------

After sometime Captain Man finished telling us why he was here. "So the omega weapon gave us superpowers...," Miles trailed off. "AWESOME," He cheered. Wicked!. "So, that freaky machine gave us supernatural powers, what now?" Chapa questioned. Yeah, i wanted to know too. "Well Swellview needs all the help it can get. I would like to recruit you guys as my new sidekicks," He admitted. I'm gonna be a superhero? LIKE SUPERMAN! 

"Heck yeah!" I agreed.

"Let's do this thing!" Miles yelped.

"As longs as i get to hurt someone, it's fine," Chapa volunteered. 

"Um, i guess so," Mika responded unsurely. 

"But we don't know how to use our powers or even where to begin," Mika pointed out. She's right, but since I've known her she's always been right. "Which is why i am going to be the guidance counselor at your school to keep an eye on you kids. I bought an academy called SWAG; Swellveiws academy for the gifted, so me and my science guy Schwoz can train you to be superheroes. It will be opened on Saturdays and Sundays. I figured taking you out of school could cause some suspicion so this is our best bet", Captain Man, Ray, i should say explained. Cool, i'm fine with it. 

"This is actually real life?" Miles accepted. 

"I'm gonna call Mom," Miles pulled his phone out in excitement.

 Captain Man took out some sort of device and shot his phone. "YOU SIR ARE A JERK!" Miles cried as he picked up his fried phone. "Yeah, no one can know about this. No friends, nor parents, nor girlfriends and boyfriends nor anyone else but us, got it," He clarified. "Got it," We all nodded. Captain Man popped another gumball into his mouth and turned back into Ray. "Okay, now get going, see you all around, Danger Force," He winked. Danger Force? i like it.

 "Come on Bose it's time for lunch," Chapa told me. Then she looked at Miles. 

"You're invited too, i like your energy kid," she admitted. Then she looked at Mika. 

"Come on, Miles", she smirked at Mika.

 "I get to sit at the Alpha team table," Miles gasped as he followed Chapa out.

Mika looked hurt by Chapa's words. "Don't worry about her, we still on for Wednesday study night?," I hoped. "Yeah, of course, your place at 5:00," She smiled. "Great, and you should smile way more, it looks good on you," I winked than went to lunch.

Mika's p.o.v

Bose winked at me! I felt my face heating up. "So you're just gonna stand there and drool over him?" Ray teased. I started blushing even harder. "You know, you and that Bose kid remind of my old friends Henry and Charlotte, great kids," He dreamily sighed. Henry and Charlotte?  Oh well. Looks like I'll be eating lunch with Ms. Willams again.