Part 1

The alarm clock sounded on the nightstand next to his bed. Adrien Agreste woke up and quickly shut it off.

It was the first day of the new school year and he was excited to finally go back to the place that he loved going to the most. It would only be his second year at a public school. He loved it there, not only because he could see all of his friends, but also because it meant more time outside of his house.

Over the summer, Adrien had spent way too much time at home. Besides an occasional date with Kagami, he usually only got to escape from his father's palacial mansion for photoshoots and fencing lessons. A few times he was able to meet up with his friends, but it was never enough in his opinion. He was definitely looking forward to another school year spending time with the people he liked the most.

Adrien excitedly started getting ready for the day. He got dressed and brushed his teeth as his kwami, Plagg, stretched and sighed, preferring to stay in bed until the last possible moment.

"Time to go," Adrien said, as he finished getting ready and headed to the door. Zooming into Adrien's pocket, Plagg readied himself for another school year of sitting in class listening to the teachers drone on and on. He much rather preferred staying at home eating all day long.

Adrien hurried down to breakfast and ate as Nathalie, his father's assistant, went over his schedule for the day. Not bad, just school, then back home for his Chinese lesson and dinner. He was surprised to hear that his father would be there that evening to eat with him. Adrien's father rarely ate any meal with his son, always too busy working in his study.

After breakfast, he went outside to find his bodyguard, nicknamed Gorilla, waiting for him with the car. "This is going to be a great year," Adrien thought to himself as they left for the school.

Once there, Adrien quickly ran up the stairs and into the courtyard of the school. He saw a couple of his friends already inside. His best friend Nino and Nino's girlfriend Alya were there, along with Marinette, one of his classmates.

"Adrien!" Nino shouted as he spotted his friend and waved him over. Adrien walked over and greeted his best friend before turning to the girls.

"Hey Alya, hey Marinette," Adrien said.

"Hey Adrien!" Alya replied.

A second later, Marinette said "Hey Adrien, how was your summer?" She blushed slightly while asking.

"It was okay, kind of boring," Adrien replied as he looked at Marinette. "I didn't get to go out too much," he continued, looking a little sad.

"Well now you'll have plenty of time to hang out with us," Ayla said. "We're all in Miss Bustier's class again!"

"That's so awesome!" Adrien replied. "Who else is in our class?"

"Well, it's mostly the same group from last year with a couple of new additions. Unfortunately we got stuck with Chloe again," Ayla said with an annoyed look.

The bell then rang, signaling the start of their first class. Alya and Nino walked on ahead hand-in-hand as Adrien and Marinette followed behind them.

"How was your summer, Marinette?" Adrien asked as they walked.

"Oh, um, it was fine I guess... nothing too exciting," she said as she blushed again. "How's Kagami doing? I feel like I haven't seen her in forever."

"Oh," Adrien said as his smile dropped slightly, "she's good." He looked over at Marinette as they reached their class.

She smiled at him as they moved towards their seats. "Well, we'll all have to get together soon and hang out again!"