Part 9

Marinette couldn't sleep that night. Her mind wouldn't let her. There was too much to think about. She laid on her bed staring up at the ceiling going over every moment. Before she knew it, her alarm was going off. It was time to get up and go to school.

"This is going to be a nightmare," she said to herself.

She got ready and ate breakfast like normal before leaving for school. Once she arrived she climbed up the steps and peered into the courtyard, hiding behind the door.

"You know you're going to have to see him today," Tikki said from Marinette's purse.

"It's not him I'm worried about," Marinette replied. "It's..."

At that moment her eyes fell on Alya and Nino.

She sighed and decided that it was time to get this over with. She trudged over to her friends in the courtyard.

"Hey guys, how's it go..." she started to say, but Alya quickly grabbed her arm and pulled her away from Nino.

When they were on the other side of the courtyard, Alya turned to Marinette and excitedly asked "Okay, so what happened with you and Adrien yesterday? Tell me everything!"

Marinette groaned. This was not going to be easy. "Look Alya, nothing happened. We were just talking."

"Oh stop, girl. You can't fool me. I know that something happened between you two. Now tell me, did you finally confess that you were in love with him?"

"Alya! Will you keep your voice down?" Marinette replied, looking around to make sure that no one else was near them. "No, of course I didn't tell him that! Why would I do that now? You know I'm going out with Luka."

"Something must have happened though. That was not a normal conversation."

Marinette sighed. "Alya, I swear, we were just talking. That's all."

Alya looked at her friend, unconvinced. "Alright, fine. I'll drop this for now, but you know that I'm going to find out eventually."

"Thank you Alya," Marinette said, feeling relieved.

"Alright, well since you don't want to talk about yesterday, I'll tell you all about the new scoop that I got for the Ladyblog..."

While they were talking, Adrien had arrived. The first thing he did was look for Marinette, but she was way over across the courtyard talking with Alya. He went to talk to Nino instead.

Nino broke into a big smile when he saw his friend come up to him. "Dude! How's it going?"

"Oh you know, same as usual," Adrien replied.

"Sooooooo... are you going to tell me what happened between you and Marinette yesterday?" Nino asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Oh um, it was nothing," Adrien said looking over at Marinette.

"It sure didn't look like nothing," Nino said with a smirk.

"Seriously Nino, we were just talking."

Nino laughed. "Yeah, I'm just messing with you. I figured nothing really happened. Ugh, Alya would not stop talking about it after we left yesterday. She was totally convinced that Marinette finally told you that she was in love with you."

"Wh... what?" Adrien sputtered, turning back to Nino.

Nino's eyes went wide. "Um, did... did I just say 'in love with you'? No! No! What I meant to say, is that she, um, likes you... as a friend?" He paused before putting his hands up to his face. "Oh no, Alya's going to kill me."