Part 15

School was out for two weeks for the holiday break. Most students were happy to have the time off. No classes, no homework, and no studying for two whole weeks. Just time to sleep, eat, and spend time with family and friends. The only two students that weren't thrilled were Adrien and Marinette.

Now that Adrien couldn't transform for personal reasons anymore, they could only see each other at night when Marinette went to visit him. Adrien's days were filled with lessons and photoshoots. Winter was the time to shoot all of the upcoming spring season ad campaigns. Marinette was busy helping her parents out in the bakery. Luckily she also got to spend some time hanging out with Alya and Nino.

Alya was shocked when Marinette told her that she and Luka broke up.

"Wh... what?" Alya sputtered, at hearing the news.

"Yeah, we broke up," Marinette repeated.

"Hold on. Did you break up with him, or did he break up with you?"

"He broke up with me."

"Oh, Marinette!" Alya said, softening. "I'm so sorry! Are you doing okay?" she asked, hugging her best friend.

"I'm fine," Marinette replied. "He was really nice about it. I'm sure we'll stay friends."

"Well, we're always here for you if you need us, girl."

"Thanks, Alya. You guys are so awesome."

************************************

The day after the New Year's holiday was the first day back. Marinette woke up smiling. She was finally going to spend more time with Adrien. She quickly got ready and went down for breakfast. On the way out the door she sing-songed a farewell to her parents. She made her way to the building, almost dancing as she moved. Tikki was chuckling from inside her purse the whole time.

When she got inside, she went over to Alya and Nino.

"Good morning!" she said cheerfully.

"Well, someone's in a good mood today," Alya replied.

"What? It's nice to be back at school, don't you think?"

"Whatever you say, Marinette."

************************************

Adrien was tapping his foot against the floor as his bodyguard drove him to school. Why did he have to go so slow today? He jumped out of the car as soon as Gorilla pulled up to the curb. He ran up the steps and looked into the courtyard. Marinette was there, looking as beautiful as always. Adrien stood at the door for a minute, staring at the girl across the courtyard with a huge smile on his face. Marinette looked over and saw him. She smiled brightly as he walked over to her.

"Hi, Marinette," he said upon reaching her.

"Hi, Adrien," she replied.

"How are you?"

"I'm great, how are you?"

"I'm great," he said.

The two smiled at each other, not saying anything else. Alya narrowed her eyes at them.

The bell rang a second later.

"Can I... walk you to class?" Adrien asked Marinette.

She nodded. "Yes."

The two spun around and started walking to class side by side. Nino started to say something but was shushed by Alya as they followed behind. Once in front of their desks, Adrien grabbed Marinette's hand and guided her to her seat.