Part 29

By the time the sun rose on Sunday morning, Adrien and Marinette had their plan in place. Today was the day that everything would be over.

Adrien ate breakfast like normal. Afterwards he went to his father's study, knocked on the door and entered. Gabriel was standing at his computer.

"I'm going to Marinette's house today for lunch," he said to his father. He wasn't asking.

Gabriel looked over at him and nodded.

Adrien didn't move. He continued looking at his father.

"Is there something else?" Gabriel asked.

"I just wanted to say, that I understand why you're doing this," Adrien said. He went over and hugged his father.

Gabriel hugged him back. "I'm sorry Adrien."

They stayed there until Nathalie walked into the room.

"I'm going to go now," Adrien said, breaking the hug.

"Have a good time," his father said before turning back to his computer.

************************************

Adrien's bodyguard drove him to Marinette's house. They ate lunch with her parents. When they were done, she asked them "Would it be okay if Adrien and I go out to see a movie?"

"Of course, sweetie. You two go out and have fun!" her father said.

"Thanks, Papa," she replied.

They went downstairs and left, getting a ride from Gorilla.

Once at the theaters they made their way inside. Instead of going up to the ticket counter, they left the building through a side door.

************************************

It was time.

"Are you sure you want to come with me?" Marinette asked Adrien. "I can handle this alone if you want to stay here."

"We started this together and now we're going to end it together," he replied, determined.

Marinette nodded. "Tikki, spots on!"

"Plagg, claws out!"

The two transformed into Ladybug and Chat Noir.

Ladybug went up and kissed him, wrapping her arms around his head. Chat Noir held her around her waist. After a minute they separated.

"Are you ready?" Ladybug asked.

"I'm ready," Chat Noir said.

The two superheroes took off towards the Agreste Mansion.

************************************

Nathalie was at her desk in Gabriel's study when she heard the doorbell. Opening up the surveillance system on her computer screen, she saw Ladybug and Chat Noir outside the gate. She froze for a second before hitting the intercom button. "May I help you?" she asked hesitantly.

"Hi, we'd like to speak with Mr. Agreste if he's available. It's very important," Ladybug said.

"Of course, come on in," Nathalie replied, hitting a button on her desk to open the gates. Then she hit another intercom button. "Sir, you need to come to the foyer immediately. Ladybug and Chat Noir are here."

"What are they doing here?" he demanded. "Nevermind, I'll be right there."

Nathalie hurried to the front door and opened it. "Please come in," she said, stepping aside to let them pass.

"Thank you," Ladybug said as they entered. Nathalie closed the door behind them.

They watched as Gabriel descended the stairs and stopped in front of them.

"Ladybug, Chat Noir, to what do we owe this great honor?" Gabriel asked.

"We are so sorry to intrude Mr. Agreste. You don't happen to have anyone else home at the moment, do you?"

"It's only myself and Nathalie. My son Adrien and his bodyguard are out," Gabriel replied.

Ladybug looked over at Chat Noir. He looked back at her and nodded.

"Nooroo, I command you to show yourself!" Ladybug announced loudly.

The purple butterfly kwami appeared at Gabriel's shoulder. Gabriel and Nathalie gasped.

Ladybug continued. "Go immediately to 31 Rue Cambon and wait for me there."

Nooroo quickly disappeared through the front door.

"Don't be upset with Nooroo," Ladybug continued, talking to Gabriel. "He had no choice but to obey me."

"How dare you!" Gabriel shouted, clearly stunned by what had happened.

"Don't bother trying to get the Peacock Miraculous from the safe," Ladybug said, turning to Nathalie. "My kwami already took it out this morning. It's safe and sound in the Miracle Box."

"How did you know who we were?" Gabriel demanded.

"We've had our kwamis scour the city over the last couple of weeks. Needless to say, once they stumbled upon your butterfly garden downstairs it was obvious who you were and what you were after. We've been watching you two for a while now. We just needed time to decide what to do with our newfound knowledge. "

"Don't think for one second that I'm going to give you my Miraculous," Gabriel said, glaring at the superhero pair.

"We want to make a deal with you," Ladybug said.

"We're not making any deals with you."

Ladybug sighed. "Mr. Agreste, we could have easily called the police to have you two arrested, but we didn't. And you can't transform without Nooroo or the Peacock Miraculous. Trust me, you want to make this deal."

Gabriel didn't say anything.

"You give us the Butterfly Miraculous and we'll give you a different one..."

"Absolutely not," Gabriel interrupted.

Chat Noir spoke for the first time. "If you want Emilie to wake up you'll listen to us," he said quietly.

Gabriel remained silent for a minute. Then he said "I will do anything to get my wife to wake up."

Ladybug pulled out her yo-yo. She split it in half, opening it, and reached in, removing a box. She walked towards Gabriel and extended the box out to him. "Gabriel Agreste, here is the Miraculous of the Lizard, which grants the power of Healing. You will use it for the greater good. Once the job is done you must return the Miraculous to me."

She paused for a moment and reached out her empty hand. "Can I trust you?"