Epilogue

It had been a month since Paris was shocked by the news. Emilie Agreste, the wife of Gabriel Agreste, had reappeared after almost two years.

"Nadja Chamack here, don't be bemused it's just the news! Famous fashion designer Gabriel Agreste and his wife Emilie will be making their first public appearance together at this weekend's gala. As you may remember, Emilie woke up last month after spending close to two years in a coma. Doctors at Saint Joseph Paris Hospital have cleared the former model to finally make public appearances with her family."

Nadja paused for a moment as she shifted her papers.

"In other news, it is now been thirty-eight days since Paris' last Akuma attack. Ladybug and Chat Noir have confirmed that they have had no confrontations with Hawkmoth or Mayura in recent weeks. Local authorities are cautiously optimistic that the supervillain's reign of terror might have come to an end. "

The broadcast switched over to an interview with Officer Roger. "We currently have several different theories on Hawkmoth's disappearance, including, but not limited to, his death or imprisonment for other crimes. We will continue to investigate all leads that might result in the capture of the wanted criminals."

The broadcast switched back to Nadja. "So what does this mean for the superheroes of Paris? Will Ladybug and Chat Noir decide to hang up their proverbial capes and disappear themselves? Or will they continue to protect our fine city from danger? I guess only time will tell."

************************************

Ladybug sat at the top of the Eiffle Tower, staring up at the stars. A moment later Chat Noir landed next to her and sat down. He glanced upwards as well.

"It seems like there are more stars than usual," he said.

"Yeah it does," she replied. She looked over at him. "I thought you were going to the gala tonight."

"I'm going. I just had to pick up my date first."

She sighed. "I told you already, you should go with your family."

"As far as I'm concerned, you're a part of my family. I mean, without you, none of this would have happened. If you hadn't made the beret for me, I never would have figured out who you were. And we never would have started dating. Then I never would have stood up to my father, and he would have never told me he was Hawkmoth. And we never would have saved my mother. You're the reason that I have both of my parents back."

Ladybug paused. "Well, technically I wouldn't have made the beret if I wasn't in love with you. And I never would have fallen in love with you if you never gave me your umbrella on your first day of school. So, all of this happened because of you."

Chat Noir smiled at her. "That umbrella was my mom's. I started using it after she disappeared."

Ladybug's eyes grew wide. "Why did you give it to me then?" she asked.

"I don't know." He shrugged at her. "It just felt right, like it was meant to be."

She leaned over and kissed him gently. "I guess it was meant to be," she said, resting her head on his shoulder.

Chat Noir rested his head on hers. "Come on. We need to get ready for the gala."

"I don't even have anything to wear," Ladybug protested.

"Why don't you wear your dress from the dance? You know I love that dress. You were wearing it the first time we kissed."

"We had already kissed twice before that, silly kitty!"

"No, Ladybug and Chat Noir kissed twice before that. The first time I ever kissed the real love of my life was the night of the school dance. And she looked absolutely beautiful wearing that dress."

Ladybug sighed again, this time happily. "Alright kitty. Let's go get ready." She looked up at him.

Chat Noir put his hand up to her cheek. "I love you, Princess."

"I love you more," she said.

They leaned in and kissed each other, the stars twinkling above them.

The end.