Part 5

Adrien was happy when Friday arrived. There were no photoshoots or lessons scheduled, so he finally had the chance to spend most of the day with his friends. At school, Miss Bustier paired him and Marinette up for a project. He couldn't believe his good luck as he sat next to her in the library after school. She was so easy-going and fun to work with that they had their project completed in no time.

"Wow, we work really well together," Adrien said when they were done.

She blushed slightly. "Yeah, we do. I... I guess I'll see you later?" she asked as she packed up her school bag.

"Yeah I'm looking forward to it."

"Me too," she said with a smile. The two walked outside together. Marinette waved as she started walking towards her house. "See you soon!" she called back at him.

Adrien waved before getting in his towncar.

Once home, Adrien rested in his room until it was time to pick up Kagami. The other two couples were already outside the theater when they arrived.

The three girls quickly got together and started talking, leaving the boys to themselves. Adrien hadn't spent a lot of time around Luka. They would occasionally play music at Luka's houseboat, but other than that they never saw each other. He seemed like a decent guy.

It was almost time for the movie to start, so the group went inside and got their tickets. Adrien saw Luka and Marinette holding hands as they walked together to their seats. He felt a tug of sadness seeing how close they were. He felt even worse when he realized that he wouldn't be sitting near Marinette. She and Luka were on one side of the group while he and Kagami were on the other side. Nino and Alya were between them.

While waiting for the movie to start, Adrien looked over and saw Luka put his arm around Marinette's shoulder. He leaned in towards her and kissed her on the lips. Those beautiful lips that gave him all those wonderful smiles. Adrien felt his stomach twist in knots. Marinette reached her hand up to touch Luka's cheek as they kissed. That amazing hand that made those delicious macaroons for him. Adrien's stomach worsened. Marinette and Luka finally broke apart from the kiss but stayed close, whispering to each other. Adrien was relieved when the previews started playing because Marinette turned back to watch the screen.

When the movie was over, the friends talked for a couple of minutes outside before Nino and Alya left.

"I'm going to head out too. It's getting late," Marinette said.

"Would you like a ride home?" Adrien offered quickly, hoping she would say yes so that he could sit near her again.

She smiled. "Oh no, that's okay. I'm not too far."

"I'll walk you home," Luka said as he put his arm around her shoulder again. Adrien's face dropped.

"Aww, you're too sweet," she replied, smiling even brighter. "Well this was fun," she continued, looking back at Adrien and Kagami. "We'll have to get together again soon."

"Definitely," Kagami said.

"Bye guys," Luka said, as he and Marinette turned and walked off.

Adrien stared after the two as they moved further away.

Kagami looked at Adrien, and upon seeing his expression, asked "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm okay." He was still watching Marinette and Luka.

Kagami followed his gaze and then looked back at him, smirking.

"Are you suuuure?" she asked playfully.