Day 22 - Recreating a Selfie

Mercury held the scrapbook close to their chest, booking it down the castle hallways. They took a sharp left, barely missing the wall that they were about to slam into.

"Dad! Dad! Dad! Dad!" Mercury burst into the main living room where their dad was sitting on the couch.

Mercury dove into the couch, half of them over it, the other half dangling off the fabric wall. Dream snickered, pulling his child over the couch. Mercury landed on their butt with an 'oof' noise.

"Whatcha got there buddy?" Dream asked, wrapping an arm around Mercury's shoulders.

"An old scrapbook, photo album thing. I was flipping through it and I saw a couple of photos that were...weird, I guess."

"Weird how?" Dream felt a little bit of sweat go down his neck. Nightmare tended to, A, put the photo albums together, and B, take, ahem, pictures of him when they were alone.

Dream prayed that Nightmare didn't add any of THOSE photos in a physical book.

"I'll just show you." Mercury flipped the book open and quickly found the page. They pointed at a photo in the top right corner; Dream let out a sigh of relief before laughing.

"Pop is holding you over his shoulders and you're screaming your head off. What is going on?"

"Oh! Haha! That was from when your father and I first started dating. We were going on a double date with Killer and Ink. Nightmare decided that it would be a great idea to scare me by tossing me over his shoulders. That was the result."

Mercury just nodded solemnly, they understood. Pop had a habit of picking them up and tossing them around, guess it was just a thing he did.

"Well, what about this pair of photos?" Mercury asked, flipping the page. "At first, its just a cute ice cream date, you both look adorable."

Dream snickered.

"And then you shove Pop's face into your ice cream. Why."

"Because I'm extremely annoying and making Nightmare look like an idiot is far too amusing to ever stop."

"Fair point. Thanks, Dad. Love you." Mercury gave their dad a kiss on the cheek before closing the album and running off.

-🖤-💛-🏳️‍🌈-💛-🖤-

For anyone wondering who the fuck Mercury is, they are my Dreammare kid.

We love them.

They're a big ball of untapped anxiety.

Not quiet what the prompt was asking but who cares right?

-Fallen

403 Words