Day 26 - Cleaning

Dream let out a groan, popping his back. He slipped out of bed and out of the already empty servants quarters.

He woke up a little late, but that was fine, he knew Nightmare wouldn't care. He slipped on his shoes, which were by the door that leads into the quarters, and made his way down to the throne room.

He took a quick peek into Killer's room, making sure that ass didn't do anything to Blue during the night.

Killer was still asleep, no Blue in sight. Good.

Dream slid down the railing and landed on his butt at the end of the staircase. He threw open the throne room doors and swaggered his way up to Nightmare.

"Took you long enough." Nightmare said flatly, taking his eyes off the book he was reading.

Dream scoffed and walked up the stairs, reaching the top and planting himself on Nightmare's lap.

"DREAM."

"Yes, your highness?"

"Get off of me."

"Is that my assignment for today? Damn, this'll be easy-"

"Dream shut up. You're dusting the library."

Dream stood up in shock, "The ENTIRE library?!"

Nightmare bonked Dream with his book, "No! Not the whole library! Only my Shakespeare section."

"That it?"

"Yes."

"Sweet, I'll catch you later your royal-ness." Dream did an overdramatic bow and booked it out of the throne room.

He ran into the kitchen and grabbed a biscuit, ate it very uncivilly; Nightmare would have been very unamused.

He made another dash back to the servants' quarters and grabbed a feather duster from one of the drawers in the room. He then took the longest route he could think of to get to the library.

He finally reached the library and walked over to Nightmare's bigger-than-it-should-be Shakespeare section. He began to wipe dust off the books and the shelves, knowing that someone else would wipe it off the floor, or it would just get swept under the shelves. Nightmare didn't care which one was done.

He then realized that he could only clean the first two rows before being unable to reach any more. He grinned, less work for him. After he finished he shrugged and went to leave, his face getting shoved in the chest of someone.

"You're not done."

Dream took a step back and looked up. Nightmare had caught him. Oh shit.

"I can't reach the other shelves your excellent-ness. I'm too small."

"Alright then. I will help you."

"What- AKSKDJSJA NIGHTMARE PUT ME DOWN!" Dream shrieked as Nightmare wrapped a tentacle around his waist and shot him upwards.

"I'll put you down when you're finished, fair?"

Dream sighed, "Fair."

After about what? A couple of hours? Maybe? Nightmare had walked with Dream around the section, grinning the entire time. Dream did not find this endeavor as amusing.

"Can I be done?" Dream called down to Nightmare.

"Uh. I suppose so. On one condition."

"What's that?"

"Give me a kiss."

Nightmare dropped Dream from a small height, and waited, his eyes not leaving the small servant.

Dream's face was bright red, but he stood on his toes and gave Nightmare a small peck on his lips before awkwardly leaving the room.

"He's adorable."

-🖤-💛-🏳️‍🌈-💛-🖤-

I don't really like this one all that much but I'm trying to finish this book before 2020 ends so it'll do.

-Fallen

560 Words