Day 30 - Celebrating

TW/CW - Mentions of alcohol/drug addiction. Death (I guess lol).

-🖤-💛-🏳️‍🌈-💛-🖤-

Nightmare couldn't contain his excitement.

It was their anniversary.

But it was more than that. So much more.

100 years.

An entire century they had been together.

100 years they had been in love.

But he knew it also had another meaning. He knew how important this day was to Dream.

On this day, Dream will be 5 years sober and drug-free.

Isn't that incredible?

Nightmare flipped onto his back, snuggling closer to Dream, who was still fast asleep.

Nightmare looked over at the analog clock and within a couple of seconds, made himself aware that it was seven-thirty (7:30) in the morning.

Nightmare let out a groan, he knew Dream would get upset if he was woken up before 8 o'clock. He closed his eyes, pressing his face into Dream's chest, and tried to fall back asleep.

He didn't know how long he was trying to fall asleep, or if he actually did, but when he woke up, Dream was already out of the shower and was starting to get dressed.

"Good morning Nigh-"

"Get your ass back into bed with me right now."

"Night-"

"NOW."

"Fine!"

Dream turned around, wearing nothing but underwear and jeans, and crawled back into bed. Nightmare wrapped his arms around his lover and let out a long sigh.

"I love you..."

"I love you to Nightlight."

"So....what do you want to do today?"

"Why are you asking? Is today special?"

Nightmare kicked him in the crotch. Hard.

"It's our 100th-anniversary dipshit! Yes, it's special!"

"...oh," Dream muttered, letting out a single tear.

"Sorry for kicking you."

"It's fINe."

"You sure?"

"YeAh."

Nightmare smiled, pressing the side of his face into Dream's chest.

"...Night?"

"Hm?"

"Could we..." Dream swallowed hard, "Could we visit them today?"

"Yeah. Yeah, we can visit them. But I'm not letting you be sappy the whole day alright?"

"Alright. Can we get them flowers?"

"Of course we can."

"Thank you. ...can you let go of me now?"

"Hmmm...no!"

"NIGHTMARE."

"Alright alright." Nightmare let go of Dream, who immediately got out of bed and back over to his dresser. He pulled out a yellow and black t-shirt and slipped it on. Nightmare just watched; he didn't feel like getting up.

Dream walked over to his wardrobe and pulled out the old, patched, blue scarf, and wrapped it around his neck. Nightmare stood up and walked over to Dream, grabbing into his hips.