"Allow me."

Arthur Shelby Imagine #3

Something always happens whenever Arthur goes somewhere. Just like tonight, it wasn't any different. A normal routine night would be turned on it's head.    
          It was Arthur's night to watch over the Eden club. With it being freshly taken over by Tommy, Darby Sabini was still making futile attempts to retake his club- the anger of losing it still not settling well. I didn't blame him for being upset, but after so many attempts, you'd think he'd have given up by now.

I was sat at the bar, sitting by myself as I watched Arthur from across the room. He was talking to some of the security guards, and he looked furious. When he finished talking he made his way over to me, pulling me out of my seat and taking it himself. I went to yell at him but he pulled me into his lap, resting his hand on my thigh.

     "One of Sabini's boys tried to get in just now." He said,taking my drink and downing it quickly before I could stop him.

    I smacked his shoulder playfully, "Bastard."

"He's trying to send in non Italians, thinking we won't realize." He took the bottle from my hands as I attempted to pour myself another drink. I groaned and waited for him to pour his drink before I took the bottle back.

     "So, how did you catch on then?" I asked, pulling out a cigarette from it's case. I held the cigarette between my lips, lighting it quickly.

     "When you're up to no good, I can sense it."

I tried to hold in a laugh, "You can sense it, huh? What do you sense, exactly?"

"Their fear. The sweat that runs down their fucking necks."

     I stopped, trying to determine if he was joking or not. When he didn't laugh, I assumed he was serious. Finally I turned away, taking a drag of my cigarette when I heard Arthur finally laugh beside me.

     "I knew you were joking." I replied, smiling over at him. He threw his arm over my shoulder, pulling me into him and planting a kiss on my head.

     For the next few hours, things went smoothly. Arthur and I walked around the club, keeping close eyes on everyone. Eventually we made our way back to the unoccupied parts of the building, or at least what should've been unoccupied. Moans were filling the hallway and Arthur followed the sound to an office on the end.     He slammed open the door, finding a couple in the midst of fucking against the wall. The second the door hit the wall from the force, the man dropped the woman onto the floor. I sighed, resting my head in my hands.

     "Alright, get the fuck out, both of ya." Arthur shouted, scaring them into submission.

     I helped the woman up, fixing her dress, "What a gentleman; dropping you on the floor like that."

"I-- I was surprised, is all. I didn't think anyone came back here." The man said, fixing the buttons of his pants in a panic.

     "They don't. Let's keep it that way, ay?" Arthur grabbed the collar of the man's shirt, throwing him out of the room.

     I motioned for the woman to leave, and she nodded at me, leaving quickly. Once they were gone we quickly fixed up the room and made our way back out into the hallway. As we began walking back to the main room, I stopped in my tracks.

     "Arthur, look." I pointed to an open window nearby, the glass of it shattered on the floor. "The glass is on the inside. Somebody came in from outside."