"I will expect my usual."

Michael Gray Imagine #4
*REQUESTED*

          "Your usual, Mr. Gray?"

          Michael Gray stood across the counter from me, his neat business suit standing out amongst the regular people crowding around him. A smirk was on his face, another usual of his whenever he comes in.

          "Do you remember what's in it?" He asks smugly, his grin only getting wider. I assume he is mocking me for the last time someone got his order wrong.

          "How could I not? You've only ordered it every day for the past six months." I replied.

          He slapped a few shillings onto the table, sliding it over to me. I counted it quickly, only to realize he had overpaid. Again.

          "Mr. Gray—"

          "Michael." He said, his face changing into one that asked me to refuse.

          I felt my cheeks redden slightly, "Michael. You've overpaid by ten shillings. Again."

          "Keep it." He said simply, walking over to a small table in the corner of the cafe. He sat down, resting one of his ankles over his opposite knee as he began reading the paper.

          I sighed, picking up the money from the counter and sliding it into my purse nearby. Once I had finished making his coffee, I rang the bell, calling him over.

          "I love hearing you call my name." He said as he grabbed the cup from my hand. "I wish you'd do it more often."

          "Oh, I'm sure you do."

          He didn't say anything else before walking back over to his table, sipping on his coffee and reading the news. This had seemed to become a routine for him, though from other workers he only managed to show up when I was here.

          Michael's eyes diverted from his paper, watching me from over the lid of his mug. Feeling my face flush from being caught staring, I glanced around the counter, looking for something to occupy me and managed to grab a rag and wipe down the counter. I cursed myself for getting caught up with him.

          Damn him.

          He sat there for the rest of my shift, waiting for me to get off of the clock so he could leave as well. Today, however, my relief was late and I am stuck working the counter until they arrive. Once I had gotten the line down and filled out the orders, I wiped my forehead dry with my arm, wishing that I could leave soon.

          With no customers in line, I walked to the back room, sitting down in an office chair. I rested my head on the back, letting out a deep sigh.

          "I didn't think coffee could wear someone out. Usually it has the opposite effect."

          I jumped from my peace, standing up quickly, then seeing Michael standing in the doorway. He had taken his coat off and had it slung over his arm like a butler with a towel.

          "You can't be back here, Michael. You will get me fired." I leaned up against the back of the wall to keep myself from resting.

          "And I could hire you as my secretary if they do." Something told me I wouldn't get much work done at his office. He took a drag of his cigarette, his blue eyes practically staring into my soul. I finally looked away in order to check the clock. "Are you to be somewhere?" He asked, referring to my checking the time.

          "My shift ended twenty minutes ago. My relief is late."

          He stepped slowly into the room, "I can keep you company if you'd like."