"So, who are you leaving with?"

Shelby Brothers Imagine
*REQUESTED*

Birmingham was much different than I had expected. Compared to my homeland of Ireland, I felt as if I had landed on another planet.

The area that I had bought my home in wasn't in the best area of town, but I knew if it came to it, I could defend myself well.

Pulling down Watery Lane for the first time, I had to slow down to take it all in. There were children playing in the street, men working in furnaces, and everything seemed to be covered in a layer of dirt and dust.

I didn't see many women as I passed but there were enough that I didn't feel completely out of element. Even with that however, it didn't soothe my nerves that only grew more as I drove on. I'm hoping I didn't make a mistake not taking more time to choose where I decided to live.

As I pulled up to my house I saw that the movers had moved most of the big items inside and only a few stray pieces of furniture remained outside of the truck. When I got out of the car I waved to some of the children that were nearby, though weirdly they looked back at me as if I had two heads.

I grabbed a small box from the passenger side and proceeded to walk inside when I managed to trip on the curb. While the box broke my fall, I screamed in anger as inside the box were racing medals, which were passed down to me from my grandmother.

"Are you okay?"

I looked up to see a boy standing in front of me, a worried look on his face. He offered me his hand which I happily took and allowed him to pull me to my feet.

"I hope whatever is in that box can take a hit." He said hopefully.

I sighed, "They're racing medals— I sure hope so."

"Are you Irish?" He asked curiously.

I nodded my head, "I just moved from Galway, my family was from there."

He grabbed another small box nearby that the movers had left behind and held it in his hands. When I adjusted my grip on my own box he peeked inside. "Did you race?"

I nodded. "My grandmother did. I just trained them mostly. I went to all of her races, maybe once I'm settled I'll look for some here."

"My brother has a horse racing at the derby in Epsom in a few days. I can take you, if you'd like." He offered.

I smiled. "You're sweet, but I don't go out with strangers."

He shook his head, "Sorry", he held out a hand while struggling to hold up the box in the other, "I'm Finn Shelby."

I nodded and shook it softly, "Y/N Y/L/N."

"So Y/N, may I take you to the races?" He then proceeded to bring the box inside my house so I followed shortly after.

I hummed as I thought. He was rather cute and awfully charming. However he also seemed much younger than me and that was a problem.

"Would we be alone?" I asked.

"No, my brother's horse is racing, he's invited the whole family."

A family affair? If there were others then it might not be as bad. But also to be introduced to his family when we've only just met seems slightly odd.

When he saw my hesitation he scratched at his head, "My sister and aunt will be there as well. You will not have to just talk to me or my brothers."

I laughed softly, "You're very persuasive."

He smiled warmly back at me, "I prefer committed."

"Yes, I will go to the derby with you."

"Then it's a date."