"Do it for Thomas."

Thomas Shelby Imagine #4

I glanced behind me as the clock tower struck the next hour. My eyes rolled immediately.

Two hours I had been waiting for this meeting for Tommy, as he couldn't make it. I dropped everything I was doing to be here and now I was frustrated that I had been kept waiting out in the heat.

"Un-fucking-believable." I muttered to myself, leaning on the window to the bakery.

Another twenty minutes passed and I was just about ready to leave when the door slammed open, a young man coming out and spotting me nearby.

"Mr. Solomons will see you now, Miss." He said, motioning for me to follow.

I huffed and followed suit. We walked in silence down the hallway until we made it to Alfie's office, where he sat in his office chair, leant back with his hands folded into each other.

"Mr. Solomons, this is Miss. Y/L/N. She's here in place of Mr. Shelby." The young man said as he escorted me to my seat. I waved him off.

"I arrived two hours ago and have been sitting out in oppressive heat. I assume you have a reasonable excuse, and I'd sure love to hear it."
I said softly, annoyance clear in my voice.

Alfie was quiet and barely moved even an inch. It made me wonder what was swirling through his head. He nodded to the young man stood behind me, which signaled to him to leave.

"I do apologize for the wait. I was testing out some of my new rum." He pulled out a bottle from underneath his desk, holding it out label side up. "Would you like some?"

"What I would like is water." I replied simply.

"Of course." He called out for his right hand man, which I learned is Ollie, who came back in almost immediately since he was only standing right outside the door. "Water, for our guest. As cold as you can find."

Ollie nodded and proceeded back out, leaving us in silence.

"Mr. Solomons, if we can begin. Thomas will be expecting me back soon and we are two hours behind schedule." I pulled out my small writing pad and rested it on my knee, getting ready to begin.

"Please, begin."

"Thomas has sent me to find a negotiation we can agree on. In exchange for you helping him appraise Russian jewels, you may have something in return. Whatever you believe is fit. Though I am inclined to deny some offers."

He scratched at his beard, keeping eye contact on me, "What are these off the menu limits?"

"We will discuss that if it comes to it." I replied quickly. I wanted this to be over. And soon.

He smiled lightly at me and sat up in his chair, resting his clasped hands on the desk. He hummed to himself as he thought. Somehow I feel as if I did not want to know what he had in mind.

"You don't know, do you?" He asked curiously.

My head tilted slightly in confusion, "Beg your pardon?"

"Me and Mr. Shelby have already come to an agreement." He said, standing up from his chair.
He made his way to the door behind me, closing the blinds.

"Then can I ask why I am here?" I asked, every hair on my body standing on end. I heard him walk up behind me, resting both of his hands on my shoulders.