Chapter 1 ~ The Beginning

POV:JUGHEAD
As I was saying, it began like this:
3rd POV
Betty and Jughead: age 9
'Knock Knock'
"Coming!" Alice shouted, quickly placing her freshly-baked cupcakes on the island, in the kitchen. On the way to the door, she noticed her best friends son, Jughead, reading his favourite book series to her daughter, Betty, while her 9 year old son, Sweet-pea, and Jughead's younger and older sisters, Toni and Maxine, played video games.
Meanwhile, Alice went to open the door and was instantly lifted off of her feet and spun round, by her best friend, who she had secretly been in love with for many years, F.P Jones.
"F.P," she laughed "put me down!"
"Hey, beautiful." he said as he put her down and kissed her on the cheek. Alice and F.P walked into the living room and the sight they were greeted by melted their hearts - Betty had her head laid in Jughead's lap, listening to Jughead reading his story as she drifted off to sleep. Jughead suddenly turned around and shouted "Daddy!" scaring Betty awake.
"Hey, son." F.P said as he walked over to hug Jughead, Toni, Sweet-Pea and Maxine and take Betty off of his son.
Groggily, Betty smiled up at him and soon fell asleep once more.
"I'll take her up to bed, then I can help you make dinner. Is that OK Al?" F.P asked.
"Of course, I love when you, Jug, Toni and Max stay for dinner, you can stay over tonight in the spare rooms if you want?" Alice offered.
"Guys, do you wanna?" F.P smiled knowing what his kids responses would be.
"Yes please daddy."
"OK, Al can I talk to you in the kitchen after I put Betts to bed?" F.P asked.
"Sure." Alice said as she walked into the kitchen to get the ingredients ready to start dinner.
F.P came downstairs, walked into the kitchen and sighed "Alice, look at me... I need you to be honest with me right now. Are you having nightmares about Hal again?"
Alice turned away and sighed, when she looked back at F.P she had tears streaming down her face as she nodded. F.P understood how difficult this was for her to talk about so he just wrapped her up in a hug, rocked her side to side and soothed her until she had calmed down. Just then Jug came in and said "Alice, why are you crying?"
"Don't worry, Juggie, I'm just being silly." Alice faked a laugh and forced a smile which Jughead returned and walked back to the living room and continued to read the baxter brothers' series.