Chapter 17 ~ The Wait

Alice's POV: 3 hours later:
I was so glad that she was awake. I'm not sure how I would've been able to tell the others if she hadn't woken up. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to tell Jug that because of Cheryl's fall, she'll never be able to walk again as the phone cut out. I sighed. I was just glad that I managed to tell him the good news and to get everyone down here as soon as possible. Suddenly, there was a knock at the door and in came Jug, Betty, Sweet Pea, Toni, Max and FP.
"Hey, guys." Cheryl croaked, clearly she had just woken up from her nap. Toni rushed over to her side and started rambling.
"Mon Cheri. Calm down. I'm OK. I tried. To stand. Up on. My own. Holding the. Railing, but. I fell. I then. Tried to. Get back. On my. Bed but. I couldn't."
"I'm so sorry, cherry. I shouldn't have gone to get food. I should've just stayed here." Toni sobbed. Cheryl slowly grabbed her hand, careful not to remove any of the wires.
"It's not your. Fault, I shouldn't. Have tried to. Stand up without. Anyone here. Please don't blame. Yourself. It's my fault." Cheryl said, trying to calm Toni down. About 5 minutes later, Toni had calmed down but she refused to move from the chair next to Cheryl. Betty rushed over as soon as Toni had stopped crying and gave Cheryl a huge loving but careful hug.
" Omg. C, I was so worried. Me and Toni didn't go to sleep until... What time was it Jug?" Betty said.
"Uhhh... About 5 this morning" Jug said, going over to hug Cheryl and get Betty off of her so that she could have some personal space. Cheryl smiled and nodded in thanks to Jug and he just shrugged.
We all sat and made light conversation until visiting hours were over. Betty asked if she could stay over tonight and Jug asked the nurse if he could stay as well. The nurse said they could both stay. We all left but not before Jug caught me and asked if I could keep an eye on TT and make sure she slept at least a little bit. I nodded and told him to take care of betty and Cheryl.
"Always." he replied.
Jughead's POV:
I started making mine and Betts bed as she sat with Cheryl. I smiled, I loved how close she was with her cousin... I didn't even know if I had any cousins. After I had made the bed, I quickly pulled out my phone and took a picture of them. Cheryl was asleep and Betty had her head laid on her, smiling at the camera.

This is how they were

I smiled. They really were so close. I was so glad that all 10 of us were really close. I quickly went to get changed. Once I got changed, Betty did the same. Then we got into bed and she snuggled close. I began to fall asleep but Betts kept tossing and turning. After a few minutes, I stopped Betty from tossing around and whispered to her "Do you want me to sing to you?" she nodded.
"Can you sing Little Things... It's my favourite song for you to sing?" she asked and I nodded and smiled at her sleepy face as I started singing her to sleep.
Your hand fits in mine like it's made just for me
But bear this mind it was meant to be
And I'm joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks
And it all makes sense to me
I know you've never loved the crinkles by your eyes when you smile
You've never loved your stomach or your thighs
The dimples in your back at the bottom of your spine
But I'll love them endlessly
I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth
But if I do, it's you, oh it's you, they add up to
I'm in love with you and all these little things
You can't go to bed without a cup of tea
Maybe that's the reason that you talk in your sleep
And all those conversations are the secrets that I keep
Though it makes no sense to me
I know you've never loved the sound of your voice on tape
You never want to know how much you weigh
You still have to squeeze into your jeans
But you're perfect to me
I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth
But if it's true, it's you, it's you, they add up to
I'm in love with you and all these little things
You never love yourself half as much as I love you
You'll never treat yourself right darling but I want you to
If I let you know, I'm here for you
Maybe you'll love yourself like I love you oh
I've just let these little things slip out of my mouth
Because it's you, oh it's you, it's you they add up to
And I'm in love with you (all these little things)
I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth
But if it's true, it's you, it's you they add up to
I'm in love with you, and all your little things
Once I had finished singing, I saw Betty was already fast asleep. I smiled at her content expression and fell asleep within seconds afterwards and dreamt of our future together.
The next day :
I woke up to Betty kissing my face sweetly. I grumbled and fluttered my eyes open.
"Morning, my little Jellybean." I said, yawning. She chucked at her nickname.
"Good morning, my Tough Muffin." she said, stopping kissing my face. Suddenly, Cheryl coughed. Me and Betts turned around.
"Morning, Lovebirds. You two sleep well?" Cheryl asked, yawning.
"Yep, you?" Betty replied, leaning into my side, her arm around my waist. Cheryl nodded.
"I'm so sorry, Betty. I know how. Excited you were. About me coming. Home to live. With you, Aunty Alice. And Sweets." she said sadly.
"Don't worry, C. I would prefer you to be fully recovered than you to come home and then cause yourself more injury." Betty said, getting up to hug C.
"Anyway. Everyone else will be here soon. Me and Betty best get dressed. You can go first." I said and Betts and C nodded as Betty went into the bathroom to get dressed. When she walked out, I sat and stared at her, she looked gorgeous, she was in a figure hugging denim dress, her pink Serpent jacket, a crop t-shirt and some cute heeled boots. She had on some light makeup and had her hair up in a messy bun.