Chapter 4 ~ How Awkward!

Jughead's POV:
"I'm in love with you, Betty Cooper-Smith!"
I froze... I had just told her the one thing I had sworn not to tell anyone, especially her. I didn't know what to do.
"So, ummm, I... I... I really have to go and do this ummm.... This thing." I said awkwardly and she nodded, clearly unsure of what to say. I rushed downstairs with all my belongings, said goodbye to Alice and told my dad that I'd see him at home. I quickly left and arrived at my house. Once I had put all my things down by the door, I went upstairs and face planted my bed, kicking myself for opening my big mouth. About an hour later, I heard a knock at my bedroom door.
"Who is it?" I grumbled into my pillow, not bothering to move from my position.
"It's me." I heard my dad say. "Can I come in?"
"I guess." my dad slowly opened my old, creaky door and walked over to sit down on the end of my bed.
"What happened, son?" he asked me as I sat up to face him.
"I... I... I messed up, dad. Big time, with... With... With Betty." I started to cry. "We... We were in an argument about me, her Veronica and Arch and I... I... I got really really angry and... And... And I shouted that I... I.... I love her. And she just stood there and didn't say anything, like what I had j...ju...just blurted out to her meant nothing." I sobbed as my dad pulled me into a tight, soothinghug.
"It's OK, do you want me to talk to her and see where her head is at?" I shook my head, knowing it would probably make matters worse. "OK, do you want me to talk to Al, then and see what she knows?" I shook my head again and said " I think it'll just makes matters worse."
"Of course, son, I completely understand."

Betty's POV :
Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God! He literally just told me he loved me, Forthsythe Pendleton Jones III, the person I had fallen for! Yet I just stood there, frozen. He probably thinks I don't feel the same way about him now! Argh, why am I such a stupid idiot!? I raced downstairs into the kitchen where I found my mum cooking dinner.
"Mum, I really really need your help. It's really really urgent."
"Of course, honey. What is it? What happened? Is this to do with why Jug rushed out so quickly in a panic?"
"Well, yeah. Basically, me and jug were arguing about how I apparently liked archie and he likes Veronica. He said that he didn't like V, but I didn't believe him and I stupidly told him to prove it and he got really annoyed and said that he didn't like V because he's in love with me. But, of course, instead of telling him that I like him too - which by the way, I definitely 100% do - I just stood there, like a melon, frozen and he now probably hates me and thinks that I don't like him and.... And I... I--"
"OK, calm down. I'm sure he doesn't hate you. Do you want me to talk to him?" she asked as she gave me a hug. I shook my head and cried into her shoulder. "That's fine, do you want me to talk to F.P?" I shook me head, not wanting to make matters worse.
"OK." I few minutes later, she said "Oh, Sweets said that Veronica invited you, him, Toni, Max, Jug, Archie and Cheryl on a week away. That's nice. Do you wanna go?"
"Yeah, it'll be nice to go away with everyone." I said. "I think that might ask her if I can invite Kevin. I'll text her now."
Text
Betty--Hey, V. I have a question to ask about the week away. Xx
Veronica-- Ask away. And also, can you come? Xx
Betty--Yeah, I can come. I was wondering if I could invite a friend of mine, Kevin? Xx
Veronica--Of course xx
Betty--Perfect. I'll ask him tomorrow morning at school. I've really got to go now. Bye, V xx
Veronica--Bye B xx
End of text
After I had text V, I told mum that I was going to go and help Sweets, Max and TT with their homework.
The next day when I got to school, I went to my locker and then I went and found Kevin.
"Hey, Kev." I said as I smiled at him.
"Oh, hey Betty. You OK?"
"Yeah. I guess. Anyway, you know the new girl that arrived about a month ago?"
"Yeah... What about her?" he asked, confused.
"Well she's having a party and then a group of us are going on a week away at the beginning of the holidays and I was wondering if you wanted to come?"
"Sure but... Who's gonna be there?"
"Ummm... Me... Sweets... Jug... Toni... Max... Veronica... the new boy, Archie and... Cheryl."
"OK... Is it alright if I invite someone else as well?" he asked.
"Of course, who, may I ask, are you gonna invite, Kev?"
"Umm... Fangs Fogarty." he said sheepishly. "Don't tell ANYONE I told you this, especially Fangs, but we're kinda secretly dating."
"That's wonderful, I'm so glad you've found yourself someone, I know him, he's really good friends with Sweets and Jug. Let me just text V to make sure it's OK for Fangs to come, I'm sure it will be."
Text
Betty--Hey, V. Kevin just said that he can come but he wants to know if he can invite someone. Xx
Veronica-- Of course! Xx
Betty-- Perfect, thanks. Luv ya got to go, bye xx
Veronica-- Luv ya 2 bye xx
End of text
"Kev, she said that's fine."
"Perfect, see you later Betts."
"Bye." I said as I waved and he walked away.
Over the next few weeks, me and Jug barely spoke and it was really really awkward. We spoke to absolutely no one else about what happened that fateful evening. Everyone could see that something had happened, but they didn't dare ask either of us what as they knew it would probably be a touchy subject for the both of us. I had packed everything a week before the holiday and I had even brought a brand new party dress, ready for the party at V's.
Little did I know, this holiday would be a week away I'd NEVER  ever forget... Nor would I want to.