Chapter 19 ~The excitement

Betty's POV:
Once Aunty Penelope had left, we all turned to Cheryl and found her gripping her wheelchair arms so tight, her knuckles were turning white and you could see she was holding back tears that were threatening to spill. Toni rushed over and wrapped her up in a hug as she burst into silent tears. Toni rocked her soothingly.
"Shhhhhh... It's OK, Cherry. Shhhhhh... We can sort this out. Don't worry. Its OK. Shhhhhh.... Just breathe. Its OK. Just follow my breathing. Everything's gonna be OK. Shhhhhh... In... And out... In.... And out. See there you go." Toni said, calming C down. About 10 minutes later, Jug and I went to talk to mum in the kitchen.
"What are we gonna do, Mum? Cheryl's so distraught. Her Nana means the world to her and now her mum is shipping her off to the loony bin. Probably in spite of Cheryl actually being happy for once. That's something Aunty Penelope never had and she's always made that very clear." I said, sighing heavily. Mum zoned out and started thinking about what to do. A few minutes later, she turned and looked back at me and Juggie. "I have an idea. You know how we have one more spare room, on yours and Cheryl's floor, Elizabeth." she said and we nodded "Well, I'm sure that we can let her live here. That way, she isn't in the Sister's of Quiet Mercy nor is she with Penelope but she is with Cheryl." Mum continued.
"Yes... That's a brilliant idea, Mum. Are you sure that's OK? I mean we do already have 4 of us in this house and Jug, Toni, Max and Dad practically live here." I said to mum as I turned to Jug "Not that I don't love you coming over... That's not what I meant... I mean that it always very crowded but not over crowded... It's just the right amount of crowded. I didn't mean that I don't want you to--" Juggie pressed his finger to my lips to stop me rambling. "I knew what you meant. I'm not offended. You are funny." he said, chuckling as I sighed in relief.
"Anyway, yeah I'm sure. I'll talk to Cheryl and see what she thinks, I'm certain she'll love the idea but I just want to check. Then I'll talk to Penelope and the authorities and get the paperwork sent across and have it all finalise in 2 weeks ... Hopefully. " Mum said, smiling. We then walked into the living room and asked C what she thought of our idea.
" Omg... That's a brilliant idea. Are you sure you're OK with it though, Aunty Alice? "she said as mum nodded. "Thank you, thank you thank you!"
1 hour later, me, Jug Toni and Mum looked at each other and nodded.
"I'm gonna go on up to bed, Jug can you come with me for a second. I need your help with something." I said smiling as Juggie nodded and we walked up the stairs, hand in hand. Once we were upstairs, I heard Cheryl say she was going to bed and that Toni could come with if she wanted, Toni agreed. Me and Juggie quickly ran into my room and I rushed to have a shower. This would be perfect. About half an hour later, I was out of the shower, Juggie was in it and I decided to style my hair. Quickly, I curled it and did a small French plait in it. I then did my makeup and got dressed.

Betty's outfit

Betty's outfit.
Soon after, Jughead walked out, fully dressed. He looked kind of hot.

Jughead's outfit

Jughead's outfit.
"Woah! Betts, you look absolutely stunning!" he said and I blushed nervously at the floor, smiling from ear to ear.
"Thanks Juggie. You look good too. We best get going if we want to be there on time." I said as he nodded.
"Shall we, milady?" he asked formally, extending his arm.
"Why we shall, kind sir." I giggled clutching onto his arm as we walked down the stairs.
This would be perfect... It had to be.
Toni's POV:
I knew what I had to do - get me and Cherry ready... No questions asked. Easy, right? I quickly had a shower and got ready. Done, easy. Now came the hard part, getting my Darling Cherry ready. Slowly, I walked back into Cheryl's room.
"OK. Cheryl. I need you to trust me. I need you to put this dress on," I said passing her a red cold should dress. "then I need you to do your hair and makeup. I'll help you put these shoes on and if there's anything else you want me to do, I can." I explained as I showed her the knee high open toe black boots. Cheryl nodded and got dressed as quickly as she could. Then she wheeled herself to her vanity table and did her hair and makeup.
"OK, Toni. 2 things: 1 what's all this for? And 2 can you come and put my shoes on now please?" Cheryl asked as I sighed. I knew it wouldn't be as simple as no questions asked.
"I can't tell you what this is for, Cherry. I need you to trust me... Please." I explained as I carefully put her shoes on.

Cheryl's outfit and Toni's outfit

Once I had put her shoes on, I wheeled Cheryl out slowly to the lift.
" Where are we going, Mon Cheri?" Cheryl asked me with a smile once we were in the lift. I sighed.
"I'm sorry, I can't tell you. You'll know soon enough but for now, I need you to put this over your eyes." I said passing her a blindfold.
"OK...?" Cheryl said, confused as she placed the blindfold over her eyes. Once I knew she couldn't see, I wheeled her out of the lift and to the car where Alice, Betty and Jug were waiting. Quickly, I lifted her into the car and we drove off. Tonight must be perfect, I thought and I know that everyone else was begging that it would be too. 5 minutes later, we arrived at Pop's. Alice, Betty and Jug jumped out and rushed inside to take their places as I helped Cheryl into her wheelchair.
"Mon Cheri... I don't like this. Where are we heading?" Cheryl said, trembling. I sighed and clutched her hand in reassurance.
"We're almost there, there's no reason for you to be worried. Trust me." I said as she nodded.
Cheryl's POV:
Black... Everywhere. I couldn't see anything and I hated it. Suddenly, I felt TT push me forward, we were on the move again. We slowed down... I sighed, how much longer!? Without warning, Toni took off my blindfold. I sighed, more darkness. Out of no where, the lights turned on and many people jumped out.
"Surprise!" They all shouted at me in unison. I chuckled, this was absolutely AMAZING!