twelve: call

IMPORTANT! if you have been keeping a strict track of the timeline then you will notice it does NOT add up quite right, so I will be fixing it!

Isabella was exhausted. So tired. She hadn't had more than two hours worth of sleep since before she and Niccolo had their argument two days ago. Camilla and her parents would return home from her grandparents in Naples. Isabella hadn't spoken to Jaidyn in almost a week and she was beginning to feel extremely guilty. She knew she owed him a real-in-person break up, but unfortunately, that would not happen. The girl decided it was best to call him if she couldn't see him physically, deeming that a facetime call wouldn't be appropriate.

She wanted to get it over with before Camilla came home, otherwise she would be in an awful mood upon her friends arrival. Looking at the time, Isabella noticed that it would be 8am in Melbourne. According to her, Jaidyn was an early riser and it was a Saturday morning meaning he had no training. Taking a deep breath, Isabella's finger pressed on the screen that it was once hovering over and the phone began to call baby boy ❤️. She frowned at the name before sighing.

"Hey Isa." He picked up the phone and she could tell her boyfriend and her had some undiscussed tension.

"Cia- hi Jaidyn."

"How are you, it's been a while. I miss you." She froze and suddenly a pit formed inside of the girls stomach.

"Uh- I am, I mean I'm not doing great." She stuttered, sighing before cutting herself off. "Jaidyn, enough of the small talk I need to talk about something serious."

"What?" He laughed on the other end. "You gonna break up with me?" he joked and, once again, Isabella couldn't move. She didn't say a word.

"Holy fuck." He cursed, "you are breaking up with me. Aren't you?"

"Jaidyn please let me explain-"

"What the fuck Bella?! You have changed. If only you didn't go to Italy then I would have what's mine right here with me!"

"Excuse you?" Bella screeched through her teeth. She hated misogyny, especially people who use it subtly. She was not property, and Jaidyn knew that. Maybe he just wanted to push her buttons one last time. "Jaidyn you are fucking 20 years old I turned 17 recently! I am a minor.
And you have the audacity to refer to me as your property?! How dare you?"

"Bella you know what? Don't change the fucking subject."

As much as she wanted to scream and shout at him, he was right.

"Fine." She breathed in. "I am breaking up with you. It's because your obsessive, over protective and not trusting at all."

"How the fuck do you call love obsessive? Hm?" Love. This was not going to end well.

"J you just referred to me as your property. Your obsessing in a way that objectifies me!"

"Fine then what about me being over protective? I just want people to know that your taken!" I could hear him pacing up and down his room, a common occurrence of his.

"You fucking messaged Tim telling him to back off even though you know he is my best friend!"

"I did it because I was worried about you!" I just scoffed.

I was beyond over this boy at the moment. He was being childish and immature.

"And you know what Isa?" He spat with fury in his voice. "I don't trust you."

I squeezed my eyes shut. I always trusted him with guys and he really never trusted me ever. Not even to go out with my girlfriends.

"You are stunning. And you are a school girl. Our age gap doesn't matter to our relationship, but it does to our experience." This was the only part of Jaidyn's words that I deemed logical. "I also know that you are extremely flirty and really have no sense of when to stop." He shot, venom in his words, his sentences were no longer calm and collected, they were now ugly and brutal. "I bet you've been cheating on me, huh?"

"Sorry, what?!"

"You heard me. You've been cheating, and you don't want to feel guilty so your ending our relationship and blaming it on me!"

"Stop ma-"

"You've been fucking 17 year old Italians? Huh Isabella? Not saving yourself for me anymore are you?" I felt sick. He was being awful and this was not the boy that I once felt so infatuated with.

"Jaidyn stop it!" I cried.

"No I won't stop it! You've been whoring around and I bet it's with that Niccolò that you live with!" I started sobbing suddenly. "It is, isn't it?! I knew it!"

"You know what Jaidyn? Screw you. I hate you and never want to talk to you again."

"Oh yeah real mature Isab-"

I hung up and started bawling my eyes out. Tears streamed horrifically down my face in a race to meet the floor first. They curved around my puffy cheeks and my wet eyelashes felt cold below my eyes. My eyes screwed shut and I got lost in my thoughts.

And whilst I felt sorry for myself like a pathetic and wimpy little girl, I felt an overwhelming guilt wash over me. Because everything that Jaidyn said, I deflected from, I denied, because it's not who I am. Except it's who I have know become, I am now the unfaithful girlfriend who cheats on her boyfriend, and you can't justify cheating. Ever.