39: Security Blanket

"Please, describe it to me again

"Please, describe it to me again." Harper snorted and clenched her sides with both hands. Her cheeks were bright red, her breasts bounced to pop out of her top, and she almost fell off our bench. "This shit is hilarious."

"Three recalls is embarrassing enough." My cheeks warmed. "I'm glad no one got hurt."

"I'm sorry." She gasped and dragged the tips of her fingers over her watery eyes. "As much as I wanted a guy laying on top of you, I didn't think it'd go down like that."

I didn't either, but 'going down' sounded awful in the wrong context. "Harper, he was unconscious. You and your innuendos." I put a hand over my warm forehead. Her lack of verbal inhibitions was one reason I loved her, but this was why I didn't tell her right away. I knew she'd twist it in a dirty direction.

"He laid on top of you." She smirked and matched my slumped-over posture by leaning forward. Her shoulder bumped mine, and she whispered, "Most parts of him still functioned normally. What dildo size did he measure up to?"

Oh, my gosh. Her question was beyond inappropriate. I cupped my hot cheeks and depressed the pads of my fingers into my temples. "Harper!"

"Give me one thing." She nudged my arm. "Any details, please? Did he smell nice or reek of testosterone and fast-finishing disappointment?"

I exhaled a held-in breath. Logan's fall happened so fast, with witnesses, and other than being squished, all I felt was beyond embarrassment. Logan's arms were much better at catching me than I was him. Once we landed, I was too focused on him crushing my lungs. He outweighed me by at least a hundred pounds.

The recall though? Flushed me with heat every time, and not solely from embarrassment. Logan's dead weight heaviness pressed down on me. He landed with his nose between my breasts, which tingled sensitively from his hot breaths. I managed to wiggle lower, which was a mistake when his chest smashed my breasts into pancakes, and I rubbed our hips together.

Harper was right; parts of him worked. More than the fact he passed out, I felt safe. Like I burrowed under some giant Logan blanket, which made no sense. Harper would tell me I needed to get under more guys. Considering the last boy with a build similar to Logan's who laid over me was a circumstance in sheer terror, a rush of comfort was the farthest reaction I expected.

It'd been a long week, and these conflicting thoughts hadn't helped.

"Honestly?" I hid the smile that tugged on my lips by rolling them in. "Yeah. He doesn't wear cologne, but he smells like a fresh, clean shower. One of those spring-scented brands."

A crisp breeze tickled a few strands of hair across my forehead. I tucked them behind my ears and pushed out a quiet sigh. We sat on a makeshift stage in the middle of Seaside's football field. The building's gray-brown painted brick exterior was accented with white outlines around the windows. It was surrounded by rolling green hills topped with a dense treeline.