57: Thank You

Holy cow, I have a boyfriend

Holy cow, I have a boyfriend. My first one.

And he's hot. Not even a half-mangled face, like his purple, swollen eyelids tried to suffocate his eye made Logan unattractive.

Saturday, I woke up equally shocked and exhausted from the previous night's events. Reuniting with Logan couldn't have gone better. He asked me to be his girlfriend! It didn't feel real until the maroon and black letterman jacket draped over my desk chair greeted me. I might have sniffed it when I got home.

Boyfriend. That would take some getting used to. I hugged my blankets with my elbows and shivered. My index finger trembled over the outline of my lips. The first time Logan kissed me last night, his lips were so gentle. He stole my words with one feather-light whisper of a kiss that still lingered.

I missed his taste more than his smell, as a familiar internal warmth rekindled in me. A small shiver trembled down my spine from his arms wrapped around my waist, and his lips moved over mine. Warmth rose in my cheeks the longer that second kiss replayed itself. He claimed back what was already his. Logan's mouth, his touch, and the feelings behind them captured what we left unsaid.

A tightness, as if my heart squeezed around itself, nestled in my chest when Logan told me the truth. He couldn't have cared less about his reputation. I was beyond giddy when I realized he hadn't thrown my reputation under the bus for his personal ego gains.

He only cared about... me.

The moment I thanked Logan, I knew I'd fallen in love with him. He never led me not to trust him about the stupid ass game and owning up to his past mistakes. He hadn't changed for me, or because of me; he wasn't the sex-driven, arrogant asshole he first presented himself as.

I didn't know the real Logan from his smooth, cocky choice of words and smoldering smirks, but by his actions. And I really, really liked those actions, making it a no-brainer to be his girlfriend. He literally took a punch in the face for me. An unnecessary and stupid punch, but he didn't punch Jake back despite multiple opportunities. In his eyes, I wasn't a side character in the story of Jake's life. Jake's disapproval wouldn't have stopped either of us.

For self-preservation, I avoided vomiting my feelings but exercised my actions to show him. So, I pulled him down, parted my lips, and kissed him with all I had. He returned the favor, holding and kissing me as if he hadn't in ages. Our last kiss was different. Our lips pressed and nipped against each other's desperately, fervently, in a heated sense of need mixed with desire. My fingers threaded through his damp hair as I pulled his strong, hard body flush against mine. Despite our size difference, we melded together perfectly.

With every moving kiss, I wanted more of Logan. My lips parted, and I welcomed the taste of his tongue against mine and the tingling excitement as we connected deeper. He tasted like mint-flavored mouthwash, cool and fresh sensations contrasting with the warmth of his tongue, both much better than the churros I'd eaten earlier.