48: He Cares

Harper: Text me what happened with Adonis if you won't tell me the details

Harper: Text me what happened with Adonis if you won't tell me the details. Now.

Details? Warmth flowed into my cheeks at the memory of Logan's warm, soft kisses. The sensations I felt while kissing him weren't me, how my heart leaped in my chest, my skin flushed warm from the inside out, and my body buzzed electricity surged through my veins. His lips gave mine tenderness and care. The feel of his warm hands on my skin flushed my cheeks hot.

I shivered. How much I liked him, especially considering how we met, came with an edge of trepidation. Hopefully, he felt the same. Did he? He was supportive and assuring at the beach, but maybe the heaviness of what I told him sank in and changed his mind. I wouldn't blame him; it was a lot to digest, and we were long-distance. We weren't in a relationship, but how would that work? It was only Tuesday, and Logan's silence chewed at me. As much as I wanted to assume he was busy because of Friday's game, I really, really wanted to know what that Gigantor was up to.

Maybe texting Harper would distract me... or make it worse.

Me: No kissing and telling. 🤐

Harper: Bullshit!!

Harper: That means there was kissing, so you'd better be telling.

Harper: Unless it was bad?
Harper: If that didn't satisfy you then check under your mattress when you get home tonight. 🤪

I smiled at her conversation with herself until that last line. "What?" Of course, she left one behind. Hopefully, it was the smallest one wedged between my mattress and boxsprings.

Me: Not funny!!

Harper: Dear Elle... if it's funny, you aren't using it correctly.

As much as I wanted a diversion, that wasn't the kind I had in mind. The only action that the dildo deserved was thrown in the trash.

Me: You're too much. New topic, please.

Harper: I hooked up with Ryan. 😉

"Wow," I whispered to my lap.

"Who are you texting so much?" Jake's voice snapped my head up.

I flipped around my screen. "Harper. Chill, Jake."

He frowned and shook his head, a noticeable clench in his jaw. "I don't want to see that, Ellie."

"Jealous?" I teased and rolled my eyes at his continued grumbling. "Ryan must be pretty important if she met up with him after kissing all those guys. Wouldn't hurt you to be happy for her, for once."

Me: Do I get to meet him?

Harper: Hopefully.

Me: I'd like that.

I meant those simple three words. If Ryan was important to her, he needed to pass the best friend test. For all of Harper's antics with guys, other than a vague reference using vulgar nicknames, her guys were a mystery. She preferred anonymity, so I never pushed about why she needed to hide them.