Part 18

A/N- Don't forget you're valid<3!

Andrews POV-

    "Stop glaring at him Calvin, that's Layla's son." Luke's mom said appearing out of no where.

  I totally forgot they were close with my mom.

The man's face softened and broke into a grin as if he just had the best day of his life.

   "You're Layla's boy? My God, how is she! You know, she was the only one in high school from that damn "popular kid" group that would stick up for me and Luke's mom." His eyes had a hint of nostalgia, as if he were remembering everything my mom did for them.

   "Yeah, my mom told me quite a bit about you guys. She's actually separated from my dad and has been for a while. What can I say? Most men don't realize the beauty they have till they've lost it." I explained drinking some more of my soda.

    I didn't mind speaking about my parents divorce, it didn't bother me much. Well at first it did, but my mom deserved better and I may not be proud of my dad's actions but I'm proud to say my mom knows her worth and didn't abandon me along with my father.

  "Ah, I'm sorry to hear that Andrew. I knew that jackass didn't deserve her." He said with a sigh.

   "We really should try to get back in contact with her dear!" Luke's mom shouted, "Oh and come here! I can't reach this damned spice from the top shelf!"

   "Excuse me son, but during dinner please do tell us more about yourself and how your mom's been. You might already know, but me, my wife, and your mom were quite the trio."

   After having a bit of a ramble about my mom Luke's father disappeared to help his wife.

   "Well that's new."

I looked over at Luke confused.

  "What is??"

"That," He pointed in his fathers direction, "He usually hates my friends and despises trying to talk to them."

  "Your parents were close with my mom so that probably put a good word in for me."

  "Yeah..maybe. But personally, I think they'd like you whether you were your moms kid or not. Probably not as fast as they did but eventually they would."

"What makes you say that?"

It might have been my imagination but I could've sworn Luke's eyes softened for a second.

"Well why wouldn't they?"

Before I could my mouth to question further Luke's mom called for dinner and he quickly rushed to the dining room.

What is going on in this mans head..

******

As we seated down for dinner I saw them all with their hands together and eyes closed.

What the fuck? Is this a ritual??

I looked over at Luke to see him stifle a laugh. I sent him a glare until I heard his father speak,

"Amen."

Andrew your father is literally a Christian and you didn't recognize a prayer are you kidding me.

"Let's eat!"

Didn't have to tell me twice.

For the first few minutes we were all in silence. Not a very comfortable silence but it wasn't that awkward either. I didn't mind not talking, I actually would have preferred to keep quiet but knowing how Luke is I doubt this family is anything but extroverted.

"So.." Luke's mom started, "How's Layla? I haven't spoken to your mom in so many years, Lord I didn't even know her and your asshole father split!"

"Mom!" Luke said in a harsh tone, "You can't just insult his dad in front of him!"

I cleared my throat a bit,

"It's fine. My dad wasn't and still isn't that great of a person. I've run into a few people he used to bully and they didn't have nice things to say about him like they did about my mom either so I'm used to hearing them say stuff like this." I turned to face Mrs. Crawfard,

   "I apologize for everything my dad has done to you guys. As you know he isn't a very reasonable person and his morals aren't that good but I hope you can forgive him."

   I wonder how many times I've repeated that sentence. How many times I've attempted to clear up his name.

   Why am I even trying. Why do I even care as if he deserves the effort I put in. Does he even care about the effort I put in?

   I felt my hands clench in frustration. I heard a loud screech to my left pulling me out of my thought.

    "Mom, I'm gonna take Andrew up to my room. He's probably tired because he was stuck hanging with me and my friends."

    "I haven't finished my whole plate yet-" I started not wanting to be rude.

  "Bring it up to my room."

I looked at his parents making sure it was okay. Mrs. Crawfard just offered a small smile and nod. Mr. Crawfard looked at me with sympathy.

   I resisted the urge to roll my eyes and just grabbed my plate, thanking them for the meal. There were crescent shapes on my palms from my nails digging into my skin.

  Why do people always look at me like that. Am I really so
                           pathetic?