Part 26

A/N- Once again, I would like to apologize for the long wait. Here's chapter 26!

Warning ⚠️: There is triggering content in the chapter below— there will be an authors note telling you when the triggering content will appear and what it will contain. Read that part of the chapter at your own risk ⚠️.

Andrews POV-

My head was full of all kind of negative thoughts as I laid in Luke's arms. I knew I didn't deserve this kind of love. I knew it was wrong of me to selfishly take it as if I did, but my father has always said I'm the greedy type.

I looked up to meet Luke's sleeping face and couldn't help but feel guilty.

What if I hurt him, I thought, or what if he hurts me? Would I be able to live with the fact something I'm willing to put all my effort into blows up in my face? What if he finds someone better?

I bit my lip knowing that could be damn well anyone. I felt Luke's arms squeeze me tighter as if I would disappear if he let go. I softly chuckled and nuzzled into his chest. I let myself slowly drift off to sleep, putting my thoughts to a stop for a bit and hopefully avoid waking up in another cold sweat from a nightmare.

    A/N- This part of the chapter has triggering content. (mentions of abuse and the f-slur is used, if you don't wish to read this part skip down to the next bolded letters which will let you know that the part is over.)

       I walked into school and all eyes were on me. I didn't understand why until I heard one of the whispers,

   "Did you hear? That kid," She took a pause to point at me, "He's dating Luke."

At first I thought they didn't mind because of how loved Luke is around the school and I'm pretty sure everyone already know he was gay. That they must've just been excited because Luke hardly ever dates.

Then I saw their faces of disgust.

"Are you kidding me? That's disgusting.. I never took Luke as a faggot.."

I stopped in my tracks as that word echoed in the halls. I looked around to see everyone staring and whispering, calling me one. I felt trapped and I could barely breathe so I ran out only to find my father waiting for me.

My eyes widened as I trembled. He looks pissed, disappointed, and disgusted all in one.

Where's mom.. I thought to myself.

When my father took a step forward, I took one back. This continued until I found myself pressed against a brick wall. He grabbed the collar of my shirt and my eyes tears up.

"So you're dating a guy? I fucking raised you better than this."

Tears fell down, and my heartbeat was almost as loud as him.

"You're a fucking fag, hm?" He threw me aside as I landed on the ground, "You wanna go visit our little therapist again?"

I violently shoot my head no.

"No, Dad I-" I was trying to get words out between my little hiccups when I saw my dad's fist coming towards my face.

HEY IT IS NOW SAFE TO READ EVERYONE, THE TRIGGERING CONTENT IS NOW OVER FOR THOSE WHO SKIPPED <33.

I woke up with a jump, trembling. I heard someone stir in the unfamiliar room and snapped my head towards them.

Luke?? I thought, Oh shit I remember now.. I stayed at his house.

"Did I wake you? I'm sorry.." I said softly as I watched him rub his eyes sleepily.

"Nightmare?" He asked, his voice was raspy.

When I nodded my head he opened his arm. At first I was confused until I realized he wanted to hug me. I crawled over to him and sat on his lap as he cuddled me.

"Wanna talk about it?" His voice was a whisper but it was probably because he was ready to pass out at any given moment.

When I told him no and that I just wanted to be in his arms for a bit and go back to bed, I could almost feel the smile radiate off of him. With a, "How could I refuse?", he laid back down holding me close.

My head was in the crook of his neck and legs were tangled together. I close my eyes taking in his scent feeling my body calm itself again and my heartbeat returning to normal. I felt at peace as my eyes closed by themselves.

I felt protected.