vi. there's always time for one direction

"OH, IS THAT JAY ROCK?" Lennon called out, lifting her eyeliner away from her eyelid to look towards Rose upon recognizing the new song playing

"OH, IS THAT JAY ROCK?" Lennon called out, lifting her eyeliner away from her eyelid to look towards Rose upon recognizing the new song playing. "Turn it up!"

Setting down her pink Gin to follow her request by turning up the volume on the song using her remote, the blonde then returned to curling up in her armchair while she waited patiently for Lennon to finish getting ready. Visiting one another's apartment to apply make up and dress for an evening ahead together was a staple in Lennon and Rose's friendship, and inarguably the best part of their nights out. There was something about feeling comfortable enough around someone to dance crazily while sipping on pre-party drinks that really got the girls into a partying mood. It also helped that they were able to dip in and share each other's make-up collection and shoes.

"Do you want another one?" Rose offered, noticing that her friend's glass of Vodka and Red Bull was reaching a dangerously low level.

"Yes please!" Lennon pleaded, capping the top on her liquid eyeliner after a quick inspection that it was perfectly aligned along her lash line. In actual fact, she was impressed with herself for carrying out the technique after a number of drinks. Quickly swiping on the last few layers of mascara and running her signature red lipstick over her lips, the brunette was finally satisfied with her appearance.

Although the two girls were ready, neither one was particularly fussed on leaving just yet. Admittedly, Lennon was nervous at seeing everyone - both those she knew and those she didn't. A small part of her feared that Ethan, Harry and Vik would act different around her once surrounded by their relevant YouTube buddies. She even worried that these so-called buddies wouldn't like her, but took a moment to talk herself down. After all, she never fretted before about people's opinions, and she wouldn't now. If a party was getting uncomfortable, she could always just steal a few bottles of beer and call a taxi.

Lennon had been texting with her 'Blue Team' chat all day, prompting for directions and an address, all the while curious about the dress attire and if she should bring her own alcohol. They mentioned that their friend Simon, who they identified as one of the few who had commented on her previous Instagram, was on driving duty that evening and wouldn't mind going out of the way to collect herself and Rose. But it was an offer that Lennon kindly refused. She hadn't met him after all, and would feel uncomfortable getting into a stranger's car until she had at least one face-to-face interaction.

"Here, darling," Rose returned, a glass full of Lennon's drink of choice for that evening as she dropped down to sit on the sofa aside her.

"Thanks, babe," Lennon greeted, beaming and accepting the glass happily.

"No thank you," came her answer. Rose had been the most excited of the two for the party ahead of them. Being the social butterfly that she was, she couldn't wait to make new friends. Lennon had caught her stalking Harry's Instagram friends earlier that day to see if any of them were 'eligible batchelors', her goal for the evening clear from the onset. "If it wasn't for you and your stupendous ability to make friends that have a house big enough for a party, I'd probably be here alone tonight and re-watching Vampire Diaries."