ix. the dog house

THE SIDEMEN SUNDAY THAT STARTED Lennon's altogether crazy month was posted a few hours after Harry had given her a lift home. How Josh was able to pull himself together enough after the night before to finish editing, she didn't quite understand. But it was around an hour long and she was intent on watching it.

Rose had been the one to notify her of the upload, still having kept tabs on them all week by subscribing to their YouTube channel. Neither of the girls had watched it yet, and Lennon felt a small bite of fear when she finally clicked on the link. She worried in case she was heavily featured and would end up spurring hate comments, but then ultimately decided that she had a great day with the trio regardless and an internet troll wouldn't be able to get her down.

Watching the video before checking any comments, Lennon was surprised that there had been a whole journey before even reaching the easyHotel. She had a particularly long laugh at Harry doing the 'L' dance thinking he was on a good team, only to be disappointed once he realized the truth. She made sure to video the incident for good measure and text it to him. Finally seeing the luxury the Red Team were laying in whilst the others sat in the rain on a double decker bus finally made her see the reason behind their annoyance.

When she had reached the end of the video, she was rather pleased with how little she was in it. There were brief flashes of her hair in the background that would have been unavoidable to edit, they also decided to keep in their initial meeting on the steps of the hotel and her reaction alongside Vik to the UKIP supporters on the bus. Other than that, Lennon felt the video was probably the most well-developed and original video on YouTube she had ever seen. It even managed to shift her opinion of the site, where she used to poke at fun at channels calling themselves 'creators', now she understood it. The Sidemen were releasing pure, unmitigated entertainment to the masses.

Deciding to dander downward to the comment section, she felt somewhat proud that the majority of comments were about the quality of the video or were reiterating funny quotes. There were mentions of her of course, there was no possible way there wouldn't be a few eagle-eyed fans picking up on her repeated appearances. Mostly they were positive - with praise towards her funny moments and even her looks, which was flattering to the brunette. One or two speculated that she was acting in their first meeting 'for the content', and that was the reason for her appearances thereafter. Laughing at the closing image of a hungover Blue Team leaving the hotel, she took out her phone once more to give Rose an update.

 Laughing at the closing image of a hungover Blue Team leaving the hotel, she took out her phone once more to give Rose an update

"You've been in an awful good mood lately," Maggie commented, bumping Lennon's hip gently to signal she was trying to squeeze past her to place a fresh tray of brownies in the display. Lennon tried to keep straight-faced at her words but she couldn't help it, eventually breaking into a wild grin. There was something about life lately that made the future seem so much more enthralling.