xxvi. stiff encounters

"DELIVEROO WON'T DELIVER TO THIS AREA, I'm fucking pissed," JJ announced suddenly, giving an explanation as to why he had been so engrossed in his phone for the previous twenty minutes

"What did you expect?" Talia scoffed a laugh, "you really think that any restaurant would deliver to a forest? How did you even manage to put in an address for them to reject it?"

"Nah allow it, I let them use my location," he huffed, shoving his phone into the pocket of his shorts and leaning back in the garden chair he had brought along for himself with his eyes closed in frustration.

"Why did you think we brought a bag of tinned food?" Simon laughed, the glow of the fire reflecting off his teeth as he did so. As the sky gradually became darker and night was looming upon them, a small fire pit had been set up to keep them warm while everyone sat around it in their own individual chairs.

Well, everyone except for Lennon and Harry - who were sharing the same chair with the brunette girl seated on his lap and curled into his chest. Their pose had gained a few teasing comments from their friends, but eventually the surprise of seeing the two in such an intimate position wore off. Despite the food situation not having been organised yet, it didn't stop the group from diving into the bag of alcoholic drinks they had tugged along, with a bottle happily held in everyone's hand. Except for Tobi, of course, who was more than content with a bottle of water.

"Ready for another?" Lennon prompted, nodding toward Harry's near empty bottle of Peroni as she shuffled to step off his lap.

"Yeah, I'm kind of feeling more like wine than another beer though, but I don't think anyone brought any glasses," he tutted, handing her his empty bottle and immediately feeling a cool draught sweep over his body in the absence of hers.

"Well I brought straws, we could share a bottle of red?" She suggested, causing his expression to light up with excitement as he nodded quickly.

Lennon chuckled at the sight of JJ rifling through the bag of alcohol as she neared closer to it, knowing well that he had already had one drink and two was going to push him over the edge. As strong and athletic as the famous KSI was, he was also the biggest lightweight the brunette had ever met. Something that would only be exacerbated by the fact he hadn't ate yet.

"Alright?" He greeted, picking up a bottle of Peroni and a Budweiser to debate between them.

"You alright?" The girl snickered, prompting him to stare at her with a deadpan look. "That'll be your second beer, at least that bandana of yours will keep your hair out of the vomit."

"Dickhead," he shook his head, chuckling nevertheless as he settled the bottle of Peroni back inside the bag, deeming Budweiser a fit alternative and allowing Lennon the chance to scour the bag for a cheeky bottle of red.

"You and Harry seem proper close these days, he says you're testing the waters yeah?" He continued talking, surprising her that he was still standing there.