xix. a kick up the arse

ROSE MACKAY, LENNON HAD DECIDED, was one of her favourite people on Earth. As her own honorary best friend, she still didn't feel forced to come to that conclusion. That day in particular, the blonde had proved to Lennon yet again that she was leaps and bounds above the rest of humanity.

It hurt Rose's feelings to not be offered any involvement in the Tinder video, Lennon could see that clearly. But she also knew that her friend wouldn't be dwelling on those feelings of  being left out for long once Ethan finally admitted to her why he didn't want her there - and she had a feeling that would happen after one too many Jägerbombs during the night ahead. Still, despite any hurt she may have been undergoing (although truth be told, Rose would never have agreed to joining their video nonetheless) she still agreed to come clubbing with Lennon and the Sidemen boys with barely any notice at all.

Lennon herself didn't believe in the whole 'I get along better with guys that girls' trend that seemed to dominate modern society, for while she saw a great deal of benefits to having male friendships, none would equate to having a gal pal. Someone who would listen to her mindless rants, straighten the pieces of her hair at the back of her head she always seemed to miss and most importantly, would always join you every time you needed to go to the bathroom on a night out.

Which was where Lennon and Rose currently resided, in the fourth stall of an overly-packed women's restroom of a club that was far too good for the two women to ever step foot into. They suspected the bouncer thought the same, as he eyed their oversized handbags that was stuffed with flat shoes for when they inevitably grew tired of heels and countless cans of deodorant. In fact, they probably wouldn't have gotten in at all had it not been for JJ's influence.

The brunette of the two rolled her eyes when someone banged their fist against the locked door of their stall, defensively kicking her own foot harshly back against the door to which Rose mouthed a 'thank you' for. The blonde was situated on the toilet, trying to pee whilst simultaneously listening to Lennon's anxious Harry-filled rant.

"But you said he was fine with you earlier," Rose furrowed her eyebrows with confusion, "why would he suddenly turn around and be a dickhead to you now?"

"Just because we're fine now doesn't mean we're back to normal! What if he arrives with another girl? Or goes off and snogs some random on the dance floor?" Lennon inhaled sharply, having spoke rapidly all in one breath. The man of the hour had yet to arrive, having told the others he would be landing with Callux and Freezy when they were ready.

Another bang, unsurprisingly identical to the first one, sounded on their door once more and Lennon in her panicked state snapped.

"Bang that door again and you better be fucking gone by the time I open it!" She threatened with a shout, knowing it was likely one person that was too drunk to notice other unoccupied stalls. Rose clapped a hand over her mouth to stop from laughing before reaching for the toilet paper.

"Thank god I'm done anyway," she chuckled to herself, standing up and flushing the toilet as she adjusted her clothes. "But hey, if you kill some poor girl in the bathroom, you won't have to see Harry! And besides, why would you care if he gets with another girl? You're the one who said it wasn't going to be a relationship. No strings, right?"

Lennon avoided her eyes as she fumbled with the lock, glancing out past the stall door for the door-banging perpetrator. When she saw no one, she instead headed for the sink to wash her hands - all the while still ignoring Rose's comment.

"Because maybe you do want some strings, right?" Rose encouraged, joining her at the next sink and regarding upon her friend with pitiful eyes.

"I just want things to go back to normal," Lennon huffed, running her clean hands down her face and clearing her throat before adjusting her lipstick in the mirror.