xvi. the usual thing

IT WAS STRANGE TO LENNON HOW QUICKLY ROUTINES WERE FORMED

IT WAS STRANGE TO LENNON HOW QUICKLY ROUTINES WERE FORMED. Her quiet weeks that were usually filled with working weekdays and partying on the weekends had now become a cycle of work, partying and spending as much time as she possibly could with Harry. Often he'd visit her apartment during the week, and Lennon would visit his on the weekends. They knew they were spending a little too much time together for an arrangement that was meant to be platonic, but it was an unspoken agreement that they would continue to push that boundary until it ended in disaster.

It had been over three months since they first met and not a full week had passed without the two seeing each other, until now - where Harry was on holiday with the boys to America. Lennon couldn't believe she found herself actively missing him, taking her phone off silent for the first time since buying it in case he should text her and she wouldn't get to reply straight away. 

Their seven day absent streak would be ending that night though, as the group were in the middle of a long flight travelling back to London and Harry had promised the brunette he'd stop at her apartment before heading back to his own.

Just as she was beginning to doubt if he was coming at all, the buzzer to the front door of the building sounded through her flat prompting her to jump up and nearly race to the door to whip it open. Sure enough he had kept to his word, and was now standing tiredly staring and forcing a smile through his fatigue, a suitcase and duffle-bag alongside him, which he soon discarded at the sight of her.

"I swear to god," Harry groaned, stepping forward and rather literally hauling her into the air, kicking the door behind him closed with his foot as he began to trail towards the bedroom with Lennon's legs wrapped around his waist.

"Hello to you too!" She squealed with laughter, bracing for impact as he tossed her onto the bed, his body immediately following and landing beside her.

"I'm not going home tonight," he stated, his voice holding a slight rasp of tiredness. "I'm far too tired."

"What if I had another one of my shag partners coming over, hm?" She prompted with a rising smirk, rolling over onto her side and gently swiping away a stray eyelash from his cheek, that he likely got from rubbing his tired eyes.

"If you've got another one other than me then I'd love to know what performance enhancers you're using because you're enough of a handful for me," he huffed a laugh, rolling over onto his side as well so they could cuddle close, with Lennon tucked into his chest and their legs entangled.

"How was the yanks?"

"Amazing, we got to film a few videos for the Sidemen channel too."

"I'm mad jealous, I've always wanted to visit America," she huffed, shuffling around to get comfortable. Lennon had accepted that Harry wasn't going to let either of them get up from the bed again, meaning she would have to sleep with her bra on.