viii. in the bathtub

THE PARTY DIDN'T END ONCE THEY ARRIVED BACK, if anything, it merely amplified after the buzz of the game

THE PARTY DIDN'T END ONCE THEY ARRIVED BACK, if anything, it merely amplified after the buzz of the game. In the end, it was actually Callux's team that arrived last to the house meaning that their loss of points would have put Lennon and company in the lead regardless. The desperate kiss in the backseat of Simon's car for points seemed meaningless now, although Lennon's thoughts were whirring.

Lennon was exactly the type of person who would have scoffed at a protagonist in a film feeling conflicted after sharing a kiss with someone. In her experience, the only sensation that ever came associated with kissing was lust - and occasionally disgust. But she'd be lying to say that her experience with Harry hadn't left her heart beating faster than ever before. The brunette tried to convince herself that it was only the rush of it all that had left her so affected, the excitement of doing something they shouldn't have been doing in a rush so they could win an idiotic game. If anything, she regretted it wholly now given that Harry was acting awkward about the whole thing. The car ride back to the house was practically silent, save for Calfreezy's occasional teasing comment. The moment they arrived back, Lennon simply couldn't wait to drag Rose to the bathroom and tell her everything.

Only she knew she couldn't do that, knowing full well how her friend would react. Rose would treat this as if it were a couple on one of those CW shows, and excitably squeal about how the incident would change everything. The blonde had teased Lennon enough that week about her newfound friendship with Harry, admitting that the kiss had left her feeling confused would only add fuel to the fire that was Rose's obsession with all things romance.

Still, Lennon was bursting to talk about it, and even considered running to Talia who had been witness to the entire altercation. But they had only met hours before, and she wasn't sure yet if Talia could be trusted not to tell Simon. The only thing Lennon could see herself being able to do now was to bottle it up and hope that it would pass. Although that was proving difficult in the short time that had passed since, when all Lennon wanted to do was relive it every time she set her eyes upon Harry.

Deciding that Vikk was the only one who could be trusted to count the scores without allocating a few extra for himself, the final result left Lennon's group in the lead - of course. Her willingness to get a tattoo that night had made her somewhat of a legend in the eyes of many strangers, as people she didn't even recognize were approaching her with a laugh and a clap on the back.

Her alcohol stash had long since dissipated with the passing evening, but she had been assured by Callux to dip into whatever she could find in the kitchen as a sign of gratitude for the 'content'. It was difficult at first finding something that hadn't already been opened and possibly drugged (you just never know), but eventually Lennon managed to find a multitude of bottles of Coors Light she could take.

"Lennon!" Rose's voice met her ears, the blonde appearing in the doorway with a grin as wide as her face. Rushing across the room, she ran smack bang into Lennon's body for a welcoming hug, nearly knocking the newly opened bottle of beer over. "I've had the best night ever! How did you get on?"