White Sheep Turned Black

Sirius was restless, something was pulling at him and he couldn't pinpoint what it was but he wanted to see his godson right away. He walked through the floo of the Potter Manor unaware of what had happened at Hogwarts. Sirius was familiar with the halls of the manor so he arrived in the sitting room in no time, James and Lily were sat close together with Rosie but he didn't see Harry and frowned.

"Hey guys, where's my godson?" He asked and their reactions made the pulling tug painfully, Lily completely stilled and James' smile vanished. James cleared his throat and looked at his best friend warily.

"We have decided that it would be best if for him to live elsewhere." He said in a rush, and Sirius froze. He couldn't believe his ears.

"I'm sorry, what did you just say?" Sirius's voice was deadly calm.

"We sent him to live somewhere else so we can concentrate on our special little Rosie and so Harry wasn't faced with the press," James told him. It all clicked into place, the pulling was his Godfather bond was stretched too thin and he was unable to protect his charge.

"You sent your child away to live to focus on your other!" Sirius exclaimed outraged, his mind working a mile a minute.

"Rose is famous, Dumbledore said it was for the best if he went to live with my sister." Lily put in and Sirius went pale.

"You sent my godson to live with muggles." He roared utterly furious, his Godson, the Heir to the Noble and Most Ancient House of Black and Potter sent to live with common muggles. It was completely preposterous, even the light orientated families would disagree with this and the dark sided ones would have an aneurism. Narcissa! If he still spoke to his cousin she would flay him alive. "What were you thinking?"

"Dumble-"

"I don't care what that old fool said! You got rid of your own child! Did you not once think of giving him to me if you were so set on throwing him away?" Sirius snapped in disgust."Think logically for the love of Merlin, James. Not only is he your son but he's Heir to two of the highest Houses in our world."James looked sheepish.

"We didn't think about that." He admitted, "But it can be taught to him when he gets back. We just knew we had to concentrate on our special girl, and the media is already going wild. Harry's better off away from all of that."

"You disgust me, both of you." He sneered, making James recoil slightly at how much Sirius resembled all the other Blacks for a moment. "Did you not think for a second what this will do to me? My bond with Harry is pulling, James!"

"You can mask it." James waved off and Sirius balked; the man had no idea!
"And what of Remus?" Sirius snapped.

"Remus will be fine," James said easily brushing off his friend's concern.

"Fine? Fi-," Sirius threw his hands up in the air. "Harry is his cub, you know they developed a closer bond and this will tear him up, his instincts will go mad." Sirius shuddered at that, his mate would be in pain because of this and he couldn't allow that. "Just tell me where he is and I'll take him."

"You can't Sirius. Dumbledore said it will be too dangerous for you to look after him."

"What? The war is crumbling, it will be no more dangerous with me than it is with defenseless muggles. Tell me where my Godson is."

"No. You can't. Haven't you heard? The Lestranges and Crouch Jr have been caught for torturing Frank and Alice into insanity. Everyone knows Bellatrix is your cousin, Padfoot." James told him and Sirius blinked, absorbing the fact that his friends were as good as dead and that his cousin was the one responsible. That didn't sound like Bella at all. She didn't go after Purebloods, especially not family, and Frank had Black blood. But she had been caught. He would have to see to that, but it still didn't have two sickles to do with their argument.

"That means nothing. The Black Manor wards are stronger than the Potter Manor wards and you know it, and fear of the Black name stops even Malfoy moving against me." Sirius countered, "If you are not willing to raise your own son, fine, you are not the man I thought you were. I will take him, I am his next of kin."

"No Sirius it's done. Harry will be at Hogwarts when he's eleven. Leave it." James stated firmly, closing the conversation.

"I will not leave it." Sirius yelled, "Tell me where he is!"

"No."

"You make me sick. If you don't tell me where he is then we're done, James."

"What? Sirius! Be reasonable!" James exclaimed, "We've been friends since we were eleven."

"Will you tell me where my Godson is?"

"No."

"Then we're through," Sirius informed him calmly. He turned on his heel and walked out of the room, not sparing a glance at Lily or Rosina as he went and completely ignoring James calling him. He stepped through the fireplace and raised his ward to block out everyone except for Remus, Sirius walked up to the family lounge and sat down, calling an elf for a drink. He sat there thinking, his mind whirling a mile a minute on how to rectify this situation. If he could just find his Godson then everything else would sort itself out. James couldn't raise argument at his custody once he had him because all Sirius would have to say was that James left his child with muggles and he would get eaten alive by the Wizengamot and the Pureblood fanatics, Sirius could just hear August Longbottom now. The more pressing matter, however, was how he was going to break the news to his mate without causing him too much pain. Remus was due here any moment, Sirius cursed James in his head; what was he thinking? He began to pace, this was bad, this was so bad. Sirius was so caught up in his pacing that he didn't notice Remus had entered the room until the man physically stopped him moving.

" Sirius? What's wrong?" He asked softly and Sirius opened his mouth to speak but no words seemed to come out. Remus grew worried that, Sirius Black was never speechless. "What's going on?"

"They sent Harry to go and live with muggles and they won't let me take them and James has completely lost his mind." He burst out and Remus blinked twice, his wolf registered that someone had said his cub was gone and Moony snarled before Remus could control himself.

"What?"

"Said that Dumbledore suggested it, something about needed to focus on their special Rosie and it was better for Harry to be away from the fame," Sirius explained more heatedly than he had wanted but he was just so outraged, he saw Remus's eyes flash amber and the werewolf ran off. Sirius knew where he was going, he was going to check to see if his cub was there or not. Remus floo'd straight to Potter manor striding purposefully to the living room, James rose to greet him but paled when he caught sight of the flashing amber eyes.

"Is it true?" Remus snarled, coming to a stop right in front of his friend.

"Moony it was for the best he-" James was cut off by a fist, a sharp crack rang out and blood spurted from the now broken nose.

"You have no idea what you have done." He hissed before forcefully moving back towards the floo before he lost control and attacked James Potter. Sirius was waiting for him with a drink, which Moony was only too happy to knock back in one gulp.

"What did he say to you?" Sirius asked and Remus looked a little guilty.

"I may have hit James before he could offer an excuse." He admitted and Sirius' eyes went comically wide.

"Hit him?" He repeated weakly and Remus nodded sheepishly.

"And broke his nose."

"He deserved it."

"Yes, he did. Now we just have to work out how to get our little cub back." Remus said rationally, even if on the inside he was anything but. Moony was howling in the back of his mind and it was only the fact that his mate was stood in front of him looking as determined as both he and Moony felt that he kept his control. It was time to embrace the House of Black.