Training

"Harry Potter" = Parseltounge 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It had been a long six years since Merlin had come before the founders and asked them of their task, but it had been a good six years. Little Harry had grown well and he had wormed himself into all of their hearts, even if some were reluctant to show it. It had been difficult at first, Harry's wild magic was much more powerful than they had expected and they had to begin control and Occlumency training when he was three. It had helped a great deal, a child's mind was much more imaginative and they were able to think up the wildest of things that adults simply couldn't.

It hadn't stopped the wild magic completely however, and due to that fact Harry had learned to control it slightly. He could bring things to him if he wanted and vanish things too, it was amusing to watch a four-year-old try and be sneaky with magic. Merlin returned to them after three years and he was rejuvenated and excited, the strands of time were already rewriting themselves and he took that as a positive seeing as there wasn't really anything that could be worse than before. He had begun telling Harry stories of his God's family when he was six, showing him how to pull strength from the feelings within when he needed to.

It had been decided that they would postpone the beginning of Harry's training for another year, simply because of the vast amounts of magic the child had within him. At the age of seven, Harry almost had full wandless control of his magic, and he was most at ease with summoning and vanishing things, doing it with an absent flick of his hand when he wanted something. Of course, it wasn't only magic they had been teaching him. He learned how to read and write with remarkable ease, and he was being prepared to take on Heir and Lord responsibilities in the most basic of formats. They were unable to teach specific things as they were unable to access anything to do with the Houses he would later inherit, but etiquette, customs, and history were a must and how to interact with other races.

Rowena also insisted that they begin the teachings of other languages when he was young, she had started teaching Latin and French to Harry at the age of four and with each mastery of a language another would begin and Rowena made sure to speak in a different language each time she was with Harry to make sure he never forgot. Once they were sure it was safe to begin teaching they had organized a timetable and an outline of the magics and other learnings Harry would need and who was going to teach which subjects.

Harry had been excited all week, he knew he would be learning proper magic and he had been reading at an almost unhealthy rate so he was ready; he said he didn't want to have to stop all the time. Speaking of the child, seven-year-old Harry Potter burst into the office where Merlin, Rowena, Helga, and Salazar were sitting giggling as Godric chased him, and he ran to hide behind Salazar's chair. Godric huffed and Harry peaking around, grinning knowingly and Gryffindor shook his head.

"Too clever." He grumbled and Harry snickered.

"Have you eaten breakfast?" Helga questioned and Harry nodded.

"Yep,"

"Now, you know why we are here." Salazar began, his voice cool, "You must promise to listen to our instructions clearly, and not to break the rules we set for you."

"I will," Harry promised solemnly.

"I will be teaching you of your time, we will go over the change in customs and the facts of history as they are known for everyone else; even if you already know the truth. I will also be helping you tune in to any hidden abilities you may have." Merlin told him and Harry nodded.

"You shall be learning Blade Handling, Transfiguration, Defensive Magic, and Riding with me," Godric said brightly and Harry grinned.

"With me we will be covering Charms, Arithmancy, Runic Magic, and Astronomy," Rowena said to him, "Though, shall you show any aptitude for the art of Divination then I shall be the one to teach you that also."