Night with the Potters

Harry entered the classroom barely containing his grin. He passed his note to Professor Quirrel and took the place Draco had saved for him.

"I'm guessing it went well," Draco said.

"I'm not containing it very well, am I?" Harry asked rhetorically.

"You are bouncing again." Draco pointed out, and Harry forced himself to take a few deep breaths to still his movements.

"He said that he was impressed and he's given me a chance to prove I can brew a certain potion, and if I can brew it I might get on to an advanced curriculum," Harry told him and Draco's eyebrows shot up.

"Wow. You must have really interested him. Uncle Sev usually doesn't do that, and the only reason I'm going on to an advanced curriculum is because he's been my tutor for the past four years." Draco said impressed.

"I just hope I don't screw up." They settled down in the lesson, Draco letting Harry copy down the notes he had already take, though it wasn't much. Quirrel was an appalling teacher, stumbling and stuttering through his lecture and quivering at any sounds made within the room. Harry's eyes narrowed; there was no way that stutter was real! He was glad to get out of the room, rubbing his scar absently as it burned, there was something off about that man, and it set him a bit on edge. Both he had Draco didn't stay long for lunch, heading up to History, a lesson Harry was very excited for as it was his Godfather and uncle teaching it. He had heard nothing but good things so far. Merlin had kept him up-to-date with current History, leaving somethings out for him to work out himself, and he had been told to be prepared for some severe inaccuracies in regards to the Founders; Harry was somewhat worried to find out. If there was anything bad written about any of the Founders that he knew to be incorrect he didn't know how he would react. Harry again grabbed the front seats with Draco, Blaise, and Theo and waited for the Professors to arrive. Professor Lupin arrived first, slightly flustered with parchment hanging out of his briefcase as he dropped it on to his desk.

"I apologize for my less than stellar punctuality," He told the room, "Your fellow Professor thought it would be a marvelous idea to be extremely childish." As he spoke, a huge black grim trotted into the room, only, it didn't look as terrifying as it was supposed to. It had a massive pink bow around its neck, and cute matching ribbons on its ears and tail, and it looked extremely put out in its predicament. The whole class laughed at the dog, who cast a fierce look at the smirking Lupin. Harry cleared his throat, politely raising his hand as he looked at the dog in amusement, he knew it was his Godfather and he didn't even feel a little apologetic for what he was about to do.

"Yes, Harry,"

"Correct me if I am wrong, sir, but don't our teachers have to be in their nearest human form to teach?" He asked innocently. The dog's attention snapped to him, actually gaping before it released a whine and covered its snout with his paws.

"Excellent point, Harry, very well done. You are correct, so I think I will need this spell..." Remus flicked his wand and a blue light hit the dog, who was forced back into his human form; and by Merlin what a sight he made. Harry choked on air as his Godfather was revealed: the man had hideous orange robes, sickly green skin, and the same bright pink ribbons on, only this time they were in his hair, around his neck, and around his hips. The entire class roared with laughter, and Sirius joined in, shaking his head at the statue of himself.

"That was evil, Harry." He said and Harry did a mock bow. Sirius drew up a chair next to Remus and the pair launched into the lesson; it was completely brilliant. They somehow made the most tedious of Goblin wars suddenly the most exciting and enrapturing thing on the planet, and Harry found himself actively learning things; something which was a change for him since he got back. They finished early on Fridays, and Harry was pleased to go back to the common room with the rest of his year mates to get all of their homework finished before the weekend. All of them looked at Harry as if he was mad when he tore through all four essays due without so much as glancing at a textbook, and Blaise spoke up in disbelief.