Yule Eve

Staying with the Malfoys was very different from what Harry, Sirius, or Remus was expecting. Lucius was crisp and cool, ever the Pureblood, but once you got passed the hard exterior he was very nice, and, surprisingly, quite amusing to be around. He and Sirius got into quite a few conversations about the Wizengamot and re-establishing the House of Black and the House of Malfoy's alliance, the upset their coupling would bring to the light side was genuinely enough for Sirius to agree, everything else that could come out of it was just a bonus. Narcissa was a mother through and through, and spoilt Draco rotten, though Lucius was hardly the epitome of strict when it came to his son. Yes, he had high expectations of him, but as long as Draco maintained his high grades and didn't bring any negativity to the House Malfoy then Lucius gave his son everything and anything he could want.

Harry also got subjected to Narcissa's mothering, she insisted that without it Sirius would teach him his wild ways and that was not acceptable; Sirius had pouted for a while after that. Not that Harry minded, he quite enjoyed the feeling and she reminded him of Rowena. Sirius and Remus seemed to fit right in after the first few nights too, the tension that Harry didn't know they had been carrying seemed to fall away, and when Severus arrived it was brilliant. They had decorated the Manor and Harry was amazed as the twisting and gleaming wreaths of evergreen that covered almost every shelf, mantle, or table.

Harry and Draco had a great time relaxing, flying, pranking, and being kids, even if they did get a few scoldings for not fully following the rules; Harry discovered that they needed to be even sneakier if they didn't want to be caught. The boy in question was currently scribbling over an idea he had been working on since the beginning of the year when he suddenly froze and broke out into a massive grin, he bolted to the private sitting room where everyone was sat and burst in with his journal in his hand. "I have done it, its official, I am a freakin' genius, and I have proved it with this." He announced grandly to everyone and Sirius just cracked up seeing the utter disbelief on Narcissa and Lucius' face.

"Your modesty astounds me, Harry." Severus drawled, having become used to the random bouts of self-praise Harry would give himself, and the boy grinned.

"Well wait until you see this." He said, handing over his latest work, Snape looked through it with his eyebrows raising the more he read.

"This is amazing, all the components will work, and even though it is complex I have no doubt you will be able to make it," Snape told him and Harry nodded excitedly.

"I know, sometimes I surprise myself with my intelligence." Harry sat down with a happy sigh, "I was just born to be smart."

"Where did this idea come from?"

"I created a spell that does the exact same thing but I know that it is a tricky spell to cast." Harry shrugged.

"You've created a spell," Lucius exclaimed in disbelief.

"Yes and edited a few. I've created a potion too, well two potions now."

"Are you sure you are 11?" Harry grinned.

"Pretty sure yeah."

"What spell is it?" Narcissa asked and Harry smirked, he waved his hand vanished from where he was sat completely. He decided to have a little fun so he got up and was amused when they were looking around in confusion.

"That is much better than a normal disillusion," Lucius commented impressed, Harry smirked and walked up behind the elder blonde's chair.

"I would agree." He laughed when Lucius jumped violently and turned to glare at Harry, who had already moved around so he was almost nose to nose with him.

"Thank you for that, Harry." Harry canceled the spell just as Lucius turned around.

"You're welcome." He nearly collapsed in laughter when Lucius all but jumped over the chair in fright, a strangled sound leaving him. Sirius, Remus, and Draco were all laughing so hard it was silent, Narcissa was giggling and even Snape chuckled. "Oh Merlin, that was the funniest thing." Harry gasped out, easily ignoring the black glare he received.

"Please refrain from doing that again."

"Lucius dear, I've never seen you jump so violently," Narcissa told him and Lucius scowled, but his eyes gave away his mirth.

"You can use my classroom to try this when we return to school," Snape said to Harry, who beamed in response, he snapped his fingers and the black book disappeared back to his room.

"On the off chance," Narcissa began, "Your little trick where your summoned items come directly to you wouldn't happen to be one of the spells you have edited." Harry flashed her an impish grin.

"I got sick of waiting for my things to fly through the air hitting Circe knows what on their way." He answered and she ruefully shook her head.

"We were speaking, before you came in declaring your brilliance, about your, how did you put it, 'sperm donor'." Remus finished with a grin and Harry raised an eyebrow.

"Why were you wasting valuable speech talking about that?"

"I was explaining to Cissa and Lucy (said blond glowered) just how unbearable he has become, and what the spawn is like," Sirius said and Harry wrinkled his nose.

"The wonder child is something to be desired that is for sure, our pleasant flying instructor on the other hand is a first-class prick."

"Language," Remus and Narcissa chided at the same time.

"Sirius, what have you been saying in front of the poor boy?"

"Why is it immediately my fault?" When just got blank looks from everyone in the room he sighed and shook his head.

"Let's talk about better things," Harry said.

"Yeah," Draco agreed and the pair looked at each other.

"PRESENTS!" They yelled.

"Yes, we know, it's Yule tomorrow."

"Come on Sev, you're supposed to be cheerful." Harry pointed out and the Potions Master rolled his eyes.

"Brats, the pair of you."

"Oh Harry, I found that book, I did leave it here," Draco remembered and Harry's eyes lit up.

"Come on, then we can get to work as soon as we get back," Harry said and pulled Draco from the room.

"What are they up to?" Lucius questioned.

"I don't want to know." The three Professors sighed.

Harry and Draco ran all the way to the blond's room, where Draco pulled out the book and flicked straight to the Cerberus page, they read over the page almost hungrily and Harry's eyes shone. "Here," He breathed, pointing to the lines he was reading, "Cerberus' go straight to sleep when they are subjected to music."

"Brilliant, all we have to do is get through the rest of the tasks." Draco said excitedly, "I can play the violin,"

"That's lucky because I suck as instruments." Harry with a grin, "We'll go as soon as possible." They planned out when they would go and what they would need to take, neither of them had any idea who wanted the stone but that could come after they had it. Narcissa sent for them for dinner around 5 and the boys were eagerly talking about their plan and just looked innocently when asked what they were discussing, they all ate cheerfully they two boys were sent to bed early because they would be up half the night the next day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey lovelies, sorry about not updating. I just got my back fixed up, so I can write for longer periods of time again. The next chapter should be up in a day or two. It might take some time though because I am visiting my aunt and her new baby. Thank you all for the support, I do see your comments and they all make me smile. I hope you all have an amazing night/day.
~Author-Chan