A New Fate

The old man and the child flashed back into existence outside a pair of large iron-wrought gates, which swung open to admit him as he approached. He walked up the grounds, admiring the grand castle he was moving towards with a fond smile. The doors opened for him and he walked through the entrance hall and up the moving staircases to the seventh floor, he came to a stone gargoyle.

"To the Headmaster if you will." The old man requested. The stone came to life and the old man stepped on to the moving staircase, he looked at the sleeping child and sighed. He was breaking so many laws of the universe but he couldn't see the world fall to the pit in which it was to fall, should the timeline be kept as it was. Unfortunately, he didn't have the power nor the legroom left to bring the child's Godfather with him. The old man knew that the Godfather and his mate were going to suffer ten long years without the boy, but their suffering had the chance to save the world and they would see the child again. The old man walked into the office and came face to face with four people; two men and two women.

"Merlin!" One of the men exclaimed. He had long dark red hair that flowed like a mane around him, a trimmed beard, red robe falling to his knees while jodhpurs covered the rest of his leg to his brown boot show he had been riding recently. His belt held a bright gold buckle and his red cloak was lined with golden silk and had gold embroidered lions on its hem. His name was Godric of Gryffindor.

"This is a surprise." The other man drawled. Like his fellow he was dressed for riding, only his robes were of emerald green and his lining silver, however, that was where the similarities ended. He had black hair that fell straight to his mid-back and it was pulled in to a silver strap, his beard was precisely cut into a goatee, he was slimmer and taller than the other male also and his name was Salazar of Slytherin.

"I come with a plea," Merlin admitted coming further into the room.

"Is that a babe?" The women gasped.

"Yes. Would you take him for me?" He asked and the petit woman with long curling red hair that was left resting to fall down her back, she was dressed in a flowing black and yellow gown stepped forward and to the sleeping boy. "Thank you, Helga."

"It is of no trouble." She assured him, "He is quite the treasure."

"Allow me a closer look?" The other woman asked, her inky black hair was pulled in to intricate braiding and patterns away from her face. She held a statuesque beauty and she was dressed in a gown of blues and bronze."Of course, Rowena."

"What plea do you bring to us?" Godric questioned and Merlin sighed.

"This child's name is Harry James Potter, born to this earth eighteen months prior but a thousand years from now, and he is one of Fate's chosen." Merlin began and there were sharp inhales of breath. "His destiny is locked within a prophecy but I have witnessed what will become should he remain on the path he was placed. There is a divide, in the future, where the orientation of magic is categorized into good and evil, light and dark."

"That is stercore!" Godric exclaimed and Rowena sent him a spell that mimicked the feeling of having a wand rapt on the back the person's hand. "Circe, Rowena!"

"I shall not remain while such language is being spoken." She warned him and he scowled.

"The leader of the light is a fool, he had made many grievous mistakes and he had just made one which will send the world into peril. If this child were to remain on his path, should he fulfill the prophecy magic shall die for it cannot live without balance, should he fail and die, those fighting shall destroy themselves, revealing magic to those without it and causing a war that will destroy the very earth in which we live." Merlin told them all gravely.

"What is to be done?" Salazar demanded and Merlin folded his hands over his stomach.

"This boy's magic will far outreach any magical born to this world, except one. And so I bring him to you, the four greatest magical people of your generation and many generations to come, to teach him all the magic you know and all the magic he can achieve. Teach him to be strong and sure, to battle and to endure, but also teach him how to love and to laugh and more importantly how to live." Merlin said to them softly. "I bring him to you to change the world's fate by changing this boy's life, and when the time comes and he must return to his own time he will have received the best preparation that he could possibly have and hopefully alter the balance of the fates."

"Is it even achievable?" Helga asked, her voice no more than a whisper.

"It is my last option," Merlin admitted and the four shared a look.

"We would be honored to offer our aid." Godric decided and Merlin smiled slightly.

"I have broken numerous laws in doing this, and my powers are low. The boy has a Godfather and his mate who care very deeply that I was unable to bring with me, I have opened the bond they share between Godparent and charge so he will subconsciously feel their love and worry. When you begin his control and Occlumency training, it will need to be explained to him. The connection will close when he returns." Merlin informed them and they nodded.

"We shall see to it," Rowena assured.

"I have also given the four of you the dialect of the child's time, you have not noticed it and you will not until Harry is returned. Should he interact with others, he will hear it in his dialect and they will hear his speech in theirs. However, this does not work for foreign languages, he will have to learn those, unless he has been gifted with any speech." Merlin explained,

"He will not be able to learn otherwise."

"I see, that is an extraordinary piece of magic. Another broken law, perhaps."

"Yes, a necessary one."

"Most definitely."

"I will also like to come and help train the boy, I believe he will have an aptitude for some of my magic." Merlin mused.

"You know you are a welcomed guest," Helga said with a smile.

"The world and I are in your debt." Merlin stated seriously, "I must leave you now, and I shall be gone for quite the while. I must accept the punishments of the laws I have broken this eve."

"Be well, friend." Salazar said, "And return when you can." Merlin offered them a bow and disappeared in a flash.

"We will need to divide our times to look after the boy," Rowena said, "And we shall have to keep him from the students until he can begin his control training, it is imperative that he learns to focus and control all aspects of his emotions before we begin teaching him. His wild magic shall forever act beyond his reach otherwise."

"Excellent suggestion," Godric said brightly, "Until that point, we shall monitor his magical outburst and decided a course following that."

"Very well. I must return to my pit, I have four possible advances that must be reviewed before the number of trial subjects needs to be sent." Salazar told him, "Inform me of my duties when you are able."

"As you must," Godric allowed and Salazar swept from the room.

"Oh, he's awakening," Helga whispered.

"Look at those beautiful eyes," Rowena gasped, catching sight of the piercing green irises hiding behind pale lids.

"Such loveliness," Helga murmured, "We must have him fitted and have the castle provide a room for him that we are able to access from each of our domains."

"I shall immediately begin." Rowena volunteered and Helga nodded.

"I will order the necessary furniture from the craftsmen, and have it delivered as the quickest convenience," Godric said, "Let us return with our bearings here and Rowena may lead us to the rooms." Godric led the two women out of the office and down through the castle, each of them thinking of the burden in which they agreed to bare. It would be worth it, should they succeed and they each knew they would give their very all.