2: A Solution

Midoriya had been up that night, trying to figure something out. He'd only stopped and mentally slapped himself when he realized it was nearly midnight. It was such a small thing to be putting so much effort into. But when he walked into class the next morning, he started to question its insignificance.

The class looked awful. The physical classroom along with the students. The bubbly, happy students, like Hagakure, Kirishima, Mina, and Uraraka seemed to still be trying to be upbeat, but he could tell it was putting a strain on them. Aoyama was twinkling less, and Mineta wasn't even groping at any of the girls, which was a huge surprise. Kaminari was still giggling and being an idiot, but he was slowly starting to read the room for once and was getting progressively quieter.

Midoriya was later than usual and got a scolding from Iida before sitting down in his seat behind Bakugo. The whole class was tense, and the worse part of it was that it was just a general feeling, rather than the result of some event. He sighed quietly, still trying to come up with something. Usually, ideas would come to his mind quickly, like whenever he was in fights or other stressful situations. But this was a more delicate situation and needed to be handled as such.

When Aizawa finally made his way into the classroom, he could read the mood instantly. He sighed audibly and wondered if his attitude was somehow rubbing off on them. He started class as what was usual, and it seemed to just drag on and on. Even for him. By the time it was over, everyone except a select few were looking like they wanted to die. As they were standing up to leave, however, he made a total "spur of the moment decision" (notice my sarcasm).

"Midoriya. Stay behind after class." He droned out. The green-haired student looked surprised, then a little anxious. A few of those in his friend group flashed him some questioning looks, but he just waved them off, telling them it was fine.

-🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂-

When they'd all left, Midoriya turned to face his rather intimidating teacher. He was sweating a little bit and was smiling nervously.

"S-So what is it that you need Aizawa-Sensei?" He stuttered.

"I overheard you in the hallway yesterday." He said bluntly, not even bothering to sugarcoat the fact. "You mutter a lot."

"S-sorry!" He apologized, bowing profusely.

"But I agree with you, problem child. We can't have the class being like this. It will interfere with their school work. We need to do something." He said.

"W-We, sir?"

"Yes we. I've already spoken to principal Nezu about hosting some kind of event, like a downgrade of the cultural festival that took place not too long ago." (Idk what time exactly the Cultural festival happened, so I'm just gonna say it already did) He informed "Something enjoyable, but still at least somewhat educational. Seeing that it's October, something having to do with the fall season could be interesting, but I'm leaving that up to you. You always seem to be able to read people's feelings relatively easily and get along with mostly everyone. You also are good at coming up with plans. Think of this as an extra credit project. You have to come up with a school-wide form of entertainment that will get them all out of this bad mood. Got it?"

Deku looked shocked at the praise and having this dumped on him, but nodded, assuring him that he wouldn't let him down, and would come up with something soon. Aizawa just nodded, shooing him away afterward and telling him to get a move on then, because he only had 2 weeks.

-🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃-

2 weeks?! He mentally screamed as he was making his way down the hall. Isn't that a little harsh?! But if it's from the principal, then I can't say no. And I was already trying to come up with something anyway. He sighed, going back to brainstorming, laying out the qualifications of what he could do in his head. Something to do with fall. A fall dance, perhaps? But he said it had to be educational. Um, so, maybe a class party or something similar. Something we can do while still getting our work done. Hmm, I'll have to sleep on it.

And so for the next week, his free time was spent coming up with ideas and either scrapping them or coming to the conclusion that something was off about the plan, or that Aizawa wouldn't approve or some other factor that made it all fall apart. But finally, a week exactly after he'd started, he had a total Eureka moment. Too bad it was in the middle of class. He'd been studying after having finished his work early and had finally got it. Something perfect. A plan that neither Aizawa nor the Principal could bring down. Well, unless they wanted to. It was their choice. When the thought entered his brain he let out an audible gasp, getting a grumble from Bakugo and strange looks from the others around him. He didn't particularly care though. Aizawa, who was at the front of the room, gave him a bit of a questioning look. He returned it with one that explained that he'd gotten it. Eraser nodded a bit, signaling for him to tell him after class.

Yeet. Here another chapter for you. Sorry, they're so short. They should be getting longer in the future.