5: Preparations

Villain Deku voice for y'all

This had me shook when I first listened to it.

The next week and a half were absolute chaos for the whole school. Students were scrambling to get their outfits made on time, with many asking other students with quirks that could help them for assistance. It hadn't exactly blatantly said in the rules that you couldn't ask for help, but just that most of the effort had to be your own.

The kids of class 1A were spamming Momo Yaoyorozu with texts and swarming her in class to ask for extra prices or special parts they needed that they weren't able to get ahold of. She happily excepted, but this only led to her making more and more things for them. She refused to make anyone an entire costume, as that went against the whole point, but even making small parts were starting to tire her out, mostly mentally.

They were given a few days off of class to work on them, and those days were spent with the students holed up in the dorm rooms tinkering and sewing endlessly.

The support course was having a blast, however. Being the crafty students they are, and being used to having to complete projects in short amounts of time, they were having virtually no issues. In fact, they were doing more than was necessary. Some students who briefly visited their workshop or classrooms would question whether their outfits were street legal or not.

But, our boy Izuku Midoriya, unlike the rest of his class, was close to being finished. He had already owned most of the clothes he had planned on wearing, and he even called his mom to help him get the look right. He asked for a few small details, such as buttons and some fabric from Yaoyorozu, and she was relieved that she didn't have to make anything too complicated or big.

He had gone to the store and bought some temporary hair die and ordered some contacts online with same-day shipping, just to make sure he had them. He also borrowed some makeup from his mom for some finishing touches. Before he knew it, he had finished, a few days in advance too. Now came the hard part; the acting.

Putting on his outfit, but not the makeup or dye as he didn't want to waste it before the big day, he stood in front of his mirror. His outfit was rather simple. He had on a white collared dress shirt under a dark greenish-black vest with pockets. The sleeves were rolled up, showing off the scars up his arms from his different fights. He had actually figured out how to tie his tie correctly for once, and it was tucked into the v-neck of the vest. He had on dress pants to match the vest and some shiny black formal shoes to ho along with it all. He also had short black gloves. He contemplated going the extra mile and add on some fake blood splatters to some of the white shirt, and decided that he would. He didn't wear this shirt a lot anyway. He made a concoction of food coloring and water to make a liquid that looked nearly identical to blood. It was almost scarily similar. He splashed some on his forearms and around his collar, making it look like he'd just stabbed somebody to death.

So now he had the clothes of a villain, but still the same happy babyface. He needed to work on that. He looked down at his notes, taking into consideration everything that he had marked as important to the way he should act.

"A smile is supposed to reassure people that you'll win and that you're confident in your abilities." He said out loud. "So a villain smiling should be the opposite of what you want. It would be unsettling."

He looked into the mirror again, before putting on a big smile. He shook his head. That was his hero smile. He needed something... different. Something more like a smirk.