4: The Announcement

The beeping of Midoriyas alarm clock pulled him out of his peaceful deep sleep, a result of him preparing his costume for most of the night (which he hadn't even finished). He let out a tired groan, rubbing his blurry eyes slowly sat up out of bed. Going through his morning routine on autopilot. He changed into his exercise clothes, a tank top, and basketball shorts, before heading out for his morning jog.

He yawned as he entered the common room, quickly gazing around and not seeing anybody at first. So when he felt a tap on his shoulder, he nearly jumped out of his skin.

"Woah Midoriya!" The person who had startled him exclaimed as he whizzed around. "I didn't mean to scare you!"

"H-Hagakure." He sighed, holding his heart that was beating a hundred miles an hour. "I didn't see you there."

The invisible girl laughed. "Yeah, I get that a lot."

He laughed with her, before asking her what she needed.

"Oh. I just noticed you looked really tired. You've got some pretty gnarly bags under your eyes." She pointed out.

He scratched the back of his neck nervously. "Y-yeah. I didn't get much sleep last night." He explained with a small smile.

"Well, you should probably get some rest." She said, most likely waving a scolding finger at him, but he couldn't tell. "I've heard we'll be doing something special in the next few weeks."

Could she mean the costumes? "W-where'd you hear that from?" He asked.

The floating set of PJ's shrugged. "Mina." She answered simply. "She always gets her info from somewhere. I sometimes think she has a friend in the staff."

He laughed again. "Probably Ms. Midnight."

"He he. Probably. Well, I'll see you around Midoriya. Have fun on your jog." She gave him a wave (that he was oblivious to) before walking away.

"I guess news spreads fast huh?" He mumbled, before stepping out of the dorms and into the chilly autumn morning.

—🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸—

The clattering of desks and the cry's of excited or panicked students were the only sounds that reached Midoriyas ears besides his thoughts as he sat in class. Why did Aizawa have to sleep right then? How was he not awake by now? These questions were swimming through his mind as he witnessed the chaos that was unfolding around him. This was not the reaction he was expecting.

Flashback

Walking back into the dorms after about half an hour of running, Midoriya wasn't surprised to see a decent amount of his classmates had already come from their rooms to eat breakfast or do other things. What he WAS surprised at, was the fact that everyone was talking normally. The mood had drastically changed from the previous night. The present members of the Bakusquad and Dekusquad were hanging out or getting ready in their respective areas, whispering or flat out yelling amongst themselves. Ojiro and Hagakure seemed to be having a decent conversation at the table, heck, even Tokoyami was talking to Shoji.

"This seems like too quick of a mood swing," Deku whispered to himself, sweatdropping.

As he stepped further in, Uraraka noticed him. "Deku!" She called out, waving him over. He made his way to the table they were sitting at as they ate their breakfast cereal.

"H-hey." He greeted.

"Have you heard?" She asked, quickly swallowing a bite of whatever brand she was eating. "We're supposed to be doing a special event sometime in the next week."