Chapter One: Meme

I sat on my bed with Danny, my best friend, even though at times he seems a little 'off' we really connected and grew closer to each other. I was close to telling him things I had never told anyone before, the things I pushed deep inside myself. Even though I was losing him soon the words were at the tip of my tongue.

"Hey Meme, I have to go to work, I will see you later." He said with a smile. I pushed the words back down, I couldn't do it. I backed out yet again.

"Okay I will just be here by my self" I said with an exaggerated sigh and wink, playfully taunting him.

Five minutes later he was gone and I went downstairs to my living room. After my parents died a while back it's been just my grandparents and my sister, Willow. She was younger and had really sprung into being a social butterfly, an entire week reserved just for them. It was lonely, she hadn't been gone long but the house echoed with silence. As for my grandparents, they had a life of their own. They were done raising kids.

I slowly drifted to sleep only to be awoken by a creek in the floor boards. The hair on the back of my neck stood up. I slowly became alert as the fact that I was home alone. I got up, running to the first open door- my sisters room, I wasn't scared. I was probably just paranoid, at least I hoped I was. I waited in silence, goosebumps claiming my flesh. I stepped closer to the doorway, feeling reassured that I was alone. That was until I it, hooded figure at the end of the hall. Nightmare colliding with reality, I patted my pocket for my knife.

"Shit!" A whisper as I ran down the hall. The figure hot on my trail, damn that guy fast! I ran to my room grabbed my purse and opened the window, A quick escape, I thought.

Only to be pulled back and slammed to the ground, figures stood above me. I tried to get up, really struggling and protesting, but a third person hovering over me had there foot on my stomach. They grabbed at my flailing arms and legs roughly, while the first guy I saw -the one who had their foot on me earlier- put a clothe over my mouth and nose. Mistakenly, I took a deep breath in surprise. Instantly following that, I held my breath. They forced it harder on me, I needed to breath, I needed it urgently. My body was in full panic mode. The fabric was rough and damp, a soft sweet aroma numbed my senses. My limbs became slack and my vision blurred as I drifted to a chemical sleep. Something that was once a usual action that deemed peaceful, was now a living nightmare.

I woke up slowly and groggily, it was dark my, hands were bound and hung up by the ceiling while my feet were tied and spread apart. Already my stomach was disagreeing with such a change. It was cold, practically freezing, they must have stripped me down because I was wearing only my black bra and matching panties. The thought of strangers pulling off my clothes churned my stomach even more. I screamed and yelled hoping someone would hear me. The door to what I guessed was a basement opened, flooding some light in before all of the lights flickered on and four boys walked down.

Someone heard me, just not the someone- or should I say someone's- I was hoping for.

One gave me an evil evil smirk before disguising his expression and said, "I'm Dalton" He had dark brown hair and a nice tan. He seemed young and cynical.

Another frosty look from a kid named "James". Who had dirty blonde hair and deep brown eyes, it was very possible that he was older than me.

The third kid, who flashed me a smile was named, "Blake" had jet black hair.

Finally a tall guy with light brown hair with a face painted with guilt introduced himself as "Adam".

I took a mental note of everyone, memorizing their faces. I quietly introduced myself as Melissa.
"We know who you are, Meme" James said bitterly.
"Why am I here? Please just let me go" I exclaimed. The use of my nickname felt like an insult to my private life.
Dalton laughed, "You really think we would let you go, you stupid bitch".

The nightmare just continued to play out, "Blake and Adam go upstairs, we have a day before he gets back so Dalton and I are gonna have a little fun..." He said with an evil smile.

They both went upstairs, I was usually so tough but without my knife or the use of my hands I was scared, vulnerable, and useless.

"First I'm going to tell you the rules, rule number one- don't try to escape, if you do will be punished" James said with an evil stare and Dalton winked. Fear gripping my nerves yet I called the bluff in Daltons wink, like he was following a skit he had only just learned.

"I'm gonna go up stairs to leave you two at it, let me know if she starts being bad" He took off up the stairs. He was kind of dark and awkward, I was really getting a sense that they had made this up on the spot.

He put a gag in my mouth, I tried to wiggle free but he yelled, "Stop you bitch, I'm just going to tell you some stuff you should know". I only stopped when he stopped touching me, "The second rule is that you have to do whatever the fuck we tell you to, the other thing is if you tell the boss; James and I will make your life here hell" He paused to let the words set in, there was no bluff in what he said, "now we're going to have some fun!". He grabbed my stomach but I kept squirming, "If you don't stop moving I'll beat you", he spat, his voice bitter and angry.

I stopped moving only out of fear, he looked at my half naked body and licked his lips. It was James who had made it up as he went, Dalton knew what he wanted all along, that's why he stayed. Tears rolled down my cheeks an he licked them off, then he started licking my stomach. I prayed that this wouldn't go the way I was thinking. The way that would leave me even more hallow. He moved up, then put a hand under my bra and started rubbing my breast. I tried so hard to squirm but this had just angered him more and he slapped my ass so hard that I knew it left a mark.

"I told you not to move" he unclipped my bra and didn't touch me further. He just seemed to examine me, fantasies filling his mind. I filled with rage but didn't move. He looked at my thighs and noticed the dark lines. All self inflicted. The thighs were always the easiest because I didn't have to worry about people seeing me like that. But when I walked I was always reminded of what brought me to them. He laughed as tears fell. Tears from fear. Tears from the blooming anxiety. He took out a box cutter and popped up the blade.

"Now, you aren't going to want to move if you know what's best for yourself" He said, an absence of emotion in his voice.

He bit his bottom lip and dragged the blade against the skin of my inner thigh. It stung but I didn't think I was bleeding until he looked at his red fingertip with amazement. It was a tiny amount of blood, I had seen more before from myself but I was still scared because I knew when to stop, did he? He put the tip of his finger in his mouth and watched me. He waded in my fear. Minutes ticked on before he undone my restraints, my heart beating rapidly. He slapped me again on the ass before he forcefully grabbed my wrist and led me up the wooden stairs. Then a second flight of stairs and finally to a room at the end of the hall. He didn't do what I thought, but he did something almost as worse. He found enjoyment in my pain and fear, he couldn't be trusted. No one could be.

The chapter titles are messed up. Don't fret, if it jumps 14 to 17, the book should read normally. It's just the titles!